Quantcast

NS Bikes - where to buy?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
ordering from Chainreaction in the UK may work out to be an OK deal for the 2010 too. make sure you set it for US dollars and the VAT is excluded. and order some hard-to-find tires while you are at it.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
2010s are due in stock 2/12/10, and it appears that shipping to US is free from chainreaction, at least for now. any order over 244 - free delivery! :)
that brings a 2010 capital 2 delivered to $560. boom. not bad at all.
now do i want that, or one of them liquids? :)

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I guess another way to look at it is do you want a mtn bike or bmx bike, right? You could prolly get the liquid frame/bars and some forks for possibly under 560. That capital2 does look sweet.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I faced the same dilemma... I think I want the slightly more relaxed geometry and disc brakes of mtbmx, or I'd be on the Liquid already.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I won't try to sway anyone's opinion a certain way. :D It's definitely all about personal preference. I will point out that our frame, even though it's close in feel and geometry, isn't nearly as twitchy as a 20" simply because of the bigger wheels... wheel rotating mass does a lot for stability and 24s aren't that much different than 26s.

I also wanted to say that I have ordered stuff from Chain Reaction before and was very pleased. Shipping was free and it got here in less than a week!

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2009
hey i just ordered my new ns traffic from chainreactioncycle. how can i put up a 245.00 offer?! its brand new, but its an 09', but who gives a ****, the 2010 model is the same thing(states in specs), just different paint job. =P i ordered it yesterday, and it said it dispatched today, so i should get it this week or next. i live in the U.S too, but on the east coast.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
well, IT IS my birthday in 2 weeks, so maybe i should order a ns capital AND a liquid, to get a taste of both worlds :)

Cru, how would a liquid handle with a 420mm NS bikes RNS fork?

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
well, IT IS my birthday in 2 weeks, so maybe i should order a ns capital AND a liquid, to get a taste of both worlds :)

Cru, how would a liquid handle with a 420mm NS bikes RNS fork?
Mmmm... I don't know. It would probably be awkward. Our frame is based around a 368mm a2c bmx cruiser fork. That fork is over two inches taller than that. So, the front would be about two inches higher, the head angle would be way slacker, and the bb would be about an inch higher. On the other hand, if you could find the right size of bars... it might ride like a slacked out Model C. Haha.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
yea, thats what i figured. it was a ridiculous question i knew the answer to, but i guess i just felt like typing something in this sweet thread. :)