Quantcast

NSFU2 vs Midnight Club3 Dub ed.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Hi all,

I am currently playing NSFU2 and nearing completion on PS2. I really love the game , especially the handling of the cars and the upgrading. I was wondering if anyone would care to compare it with MC3 Dub... in every aspect but especially drive feel, gameplay and single player career longetivity and upgrades.

BTW whats sick with NSFU2 is the engine sounds for every car and how they get affected by upgrades.

Yannis

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
nope. midnight club is more fiction then anything. the handling sucked compared to any N4SPD game

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
math2014 said:
So MC3 is cr@p in comparison to NSFU2 with respect to driving/handling?
very much, and as for upgrading and such. theres some fun things to do in MC3 levels wise. but not realistic at all. gets boring quick

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
math2014 said:
Damn, Ps2 doesnt have Forza...

BTW, have you checked the new XBOX360 game prices? 80$ per game!!!!???!!!! wtf?
yup and $700 for the whole system(s). you need the xbox and the stupid HD tower. while PS3 will be 399 and stil 50-60 per game.

Jeff 151

Monkey
Sep 25, 2004
DeezBay, Cali
DHS is wrong. When 360 drops on 11/?, you can get it for $300. Or for $400 it comes with a 20G hard drive and some other stuff. Games will be $60. What he means by: "the handling sucks" is that it's a little bit more realistic than NFS, less arcady. Midnight Club 3 is superior.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
in all honesty MC3 blows, it really isnt that great of a game, i bought it for half price when it first came out and was just glad i never paid full.
there is always the strange unfinished feel to every aspect of the game, after a week of ply when the novelty wears off it'll sit and gather dust.
handling - SUCKS, more arcade and just plain horrible feel.
graphics - piss poor(i mean shockingly piss poor)
gameplay - fun at first but gets seriously tedious
sounds - eh NO!

to be honest i dont think i liked a single part of the game, didnt really enjoy playing it, never played it since, should have got my money back, dont waste yours as i did.

oh and jeff151 is right about the pricing.
in the uk it will be priced as follows

The aggressive pricing will see a 'core system' version of the machine (which comes with a wired controller, faceplate and standard AV cable) selling for £210. Meanwhile a £280 bundle will include:

# A premium edition version of Xbox 360 (distinguished by metallic detailing)
# 20GB detachable hard drive
# Wireless controller
# Removable faceplate
# Headset
# HD-AV cable
# Xbox Live silver membership (which will allow you to access new content from Xbox Live Marketplace, such as trailers, demos and casual games from Xbox Live Arcade)
# Media remote (which will allow you to control DVD playback and music as well as access the controls of a Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PC)
where as the PS3 is set to be rather expensive, even the guys making it have confirmed that in interviews, im purely E-speculating here but my geuss would be around the £400-£500mark.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
math2014 said:
well the UK pricing of the console is correct, but what is insane is the XBOX360 games priced at 50GBP each, which translates in 84$ per game.
crap, thats expensive!!! buy a fine wheel for the price of an xbox360 and play live for speed and gtr.

i used to pay 80-100 bucks for most SNES games back in the day when i was 11, like 10 years ago. and the ones with the most demand, like street fighter or megaman X series usually sold for 130-140 bucks so..
damn importers.. thank god for emule...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
math2014 said:
Alexis... those too require serious CPU unfortunately... :(

nfactor and gtr do.

but live for speed doesnt.

i have played it on a P4 1.4ghz, 256 shared ram with a slow ass integrated video card plus a MS force feedback wheel (which is kinda cpu hungry) with no problems.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Live for Speed is pretty darn good!

Works well for me on a XP Pro, P4 2.0, 512RAM, onboard Intel 845 video card, using a Logitech Wingman Formula Force wheel.

Good find for sure.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I would just like to express my dissapointment in Need For Speed. It used to be the coolest game, then they had to do the underground thing :(

In Ralphie May's Words "'TOO FAST TOO FURIOUS' Get the F&*^ Out of Here!"