Quantcast

NSFW tags and tablet not playing nice

RaindogT

Monkey
Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City
Ipad II specifically, NSFW tag takes you to the first post of the page that the tag is on- then you have to scroll thru the thread to get to where the tag is. Upon closing it, it kicks you out to the genral forum menu- then you have to go back to, and re-open the thread that you were reading. Anyone else notice this? Not a big deal, just a minor annoyance. ( I know..... #whitepeopleproblems). Any insight as to what I might do to solve this on my end?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This seems to hit or miss. I'll revisit the tag I wrote today and see if I can change it to something that plays nicer with the iOS browser.

Or, you could all switch to big boy tablets/phones because my Android devices have no trouble :D

RaindogT

Monkey
Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City
Yep-- android 2.3 (My phone- HTC) works just fine. I think Kevin is on to something-- IOS5.... Rice, what is your iPad? Unfortunately, I didn't ever check the tags on the iPad before the IOS 5 update.

BV: "Or, you could all switch to big boy tablets/phones because my Android devices have no trouble" --- I have been dreaming of a droid tablet, But I am 'perpetual researcher' before I make a purchase.... :D

Jon: I am still looking at the touchpad- Can I assume you now have the dual boot on yours? Also, have you heard about webOs possibly becoming open source? interesting. (sorry, wrong forum for this)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i actually never bothered with dual boot. still running webOS, but i've got all the event&packet logging turned off, i installed preware and have it running at 1.5ghz. runs MUCH better like this, so i left it as is. only complaint is lack of netflix, but whatev. now that webOS is going open source, expect a breath of fresh life back in it.

also - second using dolphin as a browser. best android browser available. its the default on both my phone and my tablet. though supposedly the new browser in ICS is gonna give it a run for its money.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have alternating "exit forum" and "scroll to top" actions when I click the links. If I click back, it seems to scroll back to the original photo but it's open instead of closed now. weird.

RaindogT

Monkey
Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City
All is fine on my new droid tablet-- thanks Santa! (now I can surf all of the NSFW tabs I can find with no issues...) Wifey can have the POS iPad back =)

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Maybe it thinks you're at work and is telling you not to look at it.

FWIW, my iphone and ipad both do the same thing.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hmm.. I tweaked the tags a while back and thought it solved it (I tested it on my iPhone and didn't seem to have a problem). Sorry, I'll have to check again.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I just don't have an iDevice readily available to test with... I certainly don't want to stand in the way of scantily clad women.