Quantcast

NUKEPROOF PULSE 2016

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
The key changes geometry wise include a longer wheelbase, for example the medium size goes from 1206mm (long setting) to 1232mm. Reach goes up about five mil’ on all models whereas the chain stay now settles at 440mm for all models. Bottom bracket is also lower. The weight of the new all-aluminium bikes is set to be around 35lb.
Read more at http://dirtmountainbike.com/longform/nukeproof-pulse-2016#7qSKvsFsm0cVKV2Z.97

you can keep this bike in the sunlight!

The cast-then-completely-machine thing is weird. I get that some shapes are hard to tool, and a finishing operation is the best way to get them, but I doubt that large surfaces of the part really needed a pass except to 'look machined.'

At least you don't see the massive 10mm ball end mill gouges so much anymore.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
The cast-then-completely-machine thing is weird. I get that some shapes are hard to tool, and a finishing operation is the best way to get them, but I doubt that large surfaces of the part really needed a pass except to 'look machined.'

At least you don't see the massive 10mm ball end mill gouges so much anymore.
i personally love the raw machined look; even if the finishing pass is just to show tool paths

i enjoy looking at the rather large scallops and somewhat rough finish on the seat-tube of my DHR

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
That frame is worth to wait for,..........as heavily discounted or used. Its what I like about nukeproof. Thanks, CRC!

Sounds a bit hypocrisy but I'm cheapskate regarding downhill frames.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I'm honestly looking forward to seeing the stripper glitter GG/MegaDH cruise liner, and I'm hoping it has at least 2 downtubes (especially now that the new carbon Demo has dropped the quad seat stay design)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That frame is worth to wait for,..........as heavily discounted or used. Its what I like about nukeproof. Thanks, CRC!

Sounds a bit hypocrisy but I'm cheapskate regarding downhill frames.
Aren't you a huge NP fanboy? Shouldn't you buy new right away?