Quantcast

Numb bits

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My favorite saddle recently died, and I'm in search of a new one. That saddle had the cutout for my boys. I've since been using a felt take-off saddle, and my tackle got a little numb on the last ride. On my road bike, I have a WTB Silverado, which is very comfortable and it keeps my manovations from going numb, but it only has a channel, not a cutout.

Do the cutouts actually do anything, or is a channel good enough? Is there some other factor like setup that I'm not considering? I never had any issues with the trans am, but the felt has rails that are a mile longer. I suppose I could probably slide it forward a bit. I've read that the channel is voodoo, but in practice, it works.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
the wtb is 133 (or so). The trans am is 150 (or so). The felt is about 135 as well. I only get numbnutz on the felt. Dunno about the rounded, I suppose the felt is more round than the trans am or wtb. I also got some plumbing issues with the fizik that was on the bike originally...so I suppose it could be setup.