Quantcast

Numb junk

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I think it is time for me to swap out my saddle. If I am on the bike for more than 30 mins. my junk goes completely numb. I have been using the same saddle since last year & this just started happening. :confused:

Pins & needles in your crotch suck. :dead:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Had that problem, till I got a WTB saddle with the "love" groove. Tried a sette saddle that had some thick padding. It had a split opening but if I got on it wrong, it would pinch (not comfy at all)

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have a couple of old saddles with a groove. I may give them a shot before shopping for one.

Had that problem, till I got a WTB saddle with the "love" groove. Tried a sette saddle that had some thick padding. It had a split opening but if I got on it wrong, it would pinch (not comfy at all)

Dave99

Chimp
May 11, 2008
Ottawa
Dude - that's brutal! I've never had pins and needles . . . maybe some extended play but never numbness!

WTB have been comfy for me too. They're cheap at $50 used. It's a no-brainer.

Good luck!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Speccy Body geometry saddles. Go to your local bike shop, get measured properly, and get the right seat!!!!! They go anywyere from fifty bucks to 219. I like the Alias myself, its about a hundred, ti railed, light, and feels great for a seat.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Laura uses one. I have logged some time on it but I am not sure if it is the one for me. The problem with buying a saddle is I need to get a couple hour ride on one to see if it "fits".

Speccy Body geometry saddles. Go to your local bike shop, get measured properly, and get the right seat!!!!! They go anywyere from fifty bucks to 219. I like the Alias myself, its about a hundred, ti railed, light, and feels great for a seat.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Stranger?

The first thing I do with any bike is put a WTB Power V DH seat on. It's a couch with a crease built just for me. $35 is about average for the DH and it's not a huge seat like the Azonics :D

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Laura uses one. I have logged some time on it but I am not sure if it is the one for me. The problem with buying a saddle is I need to get a couple hour ride on one to see if it "fits".
Does it help if I tell you I have yet to have someone dislike a saddle when we measure them up with the right size?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
That only works when your hand is asleep.
If your bidness is asleep, its called "dead horse"
You can beat it, but it is not going to get you anywhere.

I'd like to make a motion for Ridemonkey to allow all members to give rep to another member as much as he or she wants to and we're not required to "spread some more rep".

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
Sorry I can't come to work today. I seem to have contracted a case of Numb Junk. Should be in tomorrow though

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
You're doing it wrong.

Seriously, I find when I'm out of shape the undercariage is more prone to numbness or pain. That said I ride an SLR saddle. Speed or crotch death, there is no middle ground.