Quantcast

NW Cup #3 Mt. Hood (Questions)

Cutters

Chimp
Mar 5, 2008
Everett, WA
This is my first time at the Ski Bowl so I'm a little in the dark here. I've got some questions regarding this race. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Online registration not working for me?

Is this a combo race with Fluid Ride series?

Best places to stay?

How does the parking work at the Ski Bowl?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. (Bring EZup etc.)

Thanks for the help. Really looking forward to this race.

Cheers!

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
fluidride series is no more. nw cup series picked up the mt hood races.

there are hotels in government camp, but they are kind of pricey
Gresham and Sandy have affordable lodging

huge parking lot at the base of the lift

ez-up would be a good idea as the weather at hood can definitely play tricks sometimes

Mt Hood is an awesome course that will test you as a rider and your bike. Very rocky up top with a nice loomy woods section at the bottom.

Cutters

Chimp
Mar 5, 2008
Everett, WA
Thanks, really appreciate the info.

I have room for one other person. If there is anyone interested in sharing some of the cost. It's just me and my Toyota pickup so far. I'm coming from the Everett area.

tobes27

Chimp
Dec 14, 2010
Bothell, WA
last year we camped in the parking lot for $5 or $10 a night. Bring a couple extra inner tubes and all your body armor- lots of sharp volcanic rock.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Just talked to the Mt Hood folks and we are racing from the top!! Even with all the snowpack, they crawled up with a snowcat and cleared the whole thing. The top may end up being a snow tunnel!! Watch for a preride video as soon as we can pull it off.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Just talked to the Mt Hood folks and we are racing from the top!! Even with all the snowpack, they crawled up with a snowcat and cleared the whole thing. The top may end up being a snow tunnel!! Watch for a preride video as soon as we can pull it off.
STOKED!

Get Loney out there to remove all of the rocks on cannonball and we'll be ready to go!

Website

-KT

Last edited:

tobes27

Chimp
Dec 14, 2010
Bothell, WA
Sounds like good advice, Thanks Toby. They let you camp in the parking lot? Are there places to eat nearby?
Yes and yes. Ski Bowl is just accross the highway from Government Camp, and the parking lot is within 400m of the brewery. There's a bar right there at the base of the lifts too- can't remember if they have food. Couple other options in Govy- all within a mile or two. Best venue ever!

bobsten

Monkey
Oct 23, 2008
rain rain go away
Has there been any progress from that last picture of the snowbank up top? I would assume some melting has occurred but any other teasers would be awesome. So excited for this!

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
http://t.co/ElRQidO
Whatever snow is left in this video will be gone by Thursday and the weather should dry it up in a day according to Petr. He also says the weather is looking good through the weekend. I'm heading down Thursday very stoked.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I was wondering that myself. I will look into it.

I doubt it will though as it is not a designated recreation area.