Quantcast

NWD VI Premiere: Santa Barbara, Sat. Nov 5th @ Wildcat Lounge!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Same as last year folks! Velo Pro Cyclery will be hosting a premiere party at the Wildcat Lounge next door to our State St. shop. The Wildcat is a killer bar (with some incredibly hot dancers & bartenders). I will post up w/more details as they become available.

Call Velo Pro @ 805-963-7775 w/any questions....

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I'll see what's up w/that. Can't you just find a good fake ID or something? :D

Since Johnny doesn't own Java Station anymore I don't know how receptive the new owner will be to the idea but I think it's worth asking for sure.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
sean who would believe that i am 21, what about at another coffee shop or something like that

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
punkassean said:
I'll see what's up w/that. Can't you just find a good fake ID or something? :D

Since Johnny doesn't own Java Station anymore I don't know how receptive the new owner will be to the idea but I think it's worth asking for sure.
I didn't know that he sold up, talking to him at the thing last year he seemed like a really cool guy.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Johhny is way cool for sure. I am bummed he sold it but the new owner is cool too. I asked here at the shop and we don't have time to coordinate another showing for underage people. If you want to put something together you could contact Patrick at Java Station and see if he would be into the idea and then contact Freeride-entertainment.com and arrange something. I wish I could do more but I will actually be out of town for about a month around that time and will only be coming back down to check out the premiere and then taking off again for a few more weeks.

Oct 5, 2005
SB
I'll be there and so will my buzz.
As for the young rippers, sucks man, but I can't even count how many sick punk shows, etc. I had to miss before I was 21...
Just makes it all the sweeter once you get there...

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
I also would attend an all-ages viewing of it (turning 21 on the 13th a week later :angry: how convenient....). Guess I'll just have to live it up a little harder the next week to make up for it.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Ahhh.....we might be there again. What was it before, $5 or 10 to get in? Does the same apply this time around as well?

Last years wasn't too bad. Beside's :rolleyes: Velo Pro gave away all kinds of stuff that didn't fit the crowds there. I didn't think many of the guys there wanted a small road jersey or a chick who doesn't even own a bike grabbing the Dangerboy stuff. Please Sean, get some stuff in there that the guys would be stoked to win in a raffle, not road tires and tubes.

I'm kidding though aside, atleast there's a raffle, was free food, the video was good, drinks aren't too bad at the wildcat, plus they'll have drink specials so it's ok.

GunShow?

Chimp
May 12, 2004
Did anyone check it out last night in Tustin? The Path did a premiere at the Tustin Brewing Co. last night.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
UPDATES:

Tickets are $5 and can be bought at Velo Pro in advance or at the door the night of. The capacity is about ~350 so we should be good there. Fat Tire is sponsoring the event again and there will be $3 beers like last time but this time we made sure to get plenty. We are trying to get Rockstar Energy Drink involved as well. We have some other great bike undustry sponsors so there will be some killer raffle prizes. Each person will get one raffle ticket at the door, I believe additional tickets can be purchased as well. Copies of the film will be available for $20 ($5 off retail) and Carlin Dunnne will be in attendance signing autographs etc. I'll keep the info coming as I get it. At this point I can say there will be no under age showing unfortunately, I wish we could but we don't have the time to organize that this year.