Quantcast

NWD8 Premiers in SB

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
  • Nov 17th 7:00pm at the WILDCAT nightclub on 15 W. Ortega in S.B.
    A $5.00 charge on Nov 17th will get you admission and a raffle ticket to win prizes from FOX, KONA and VELO PRO with plenty of Drink specials all night. Must be 21 or older.​
  • Nov 20th 7:00pm At Sharkeez Grill on State St.
    All ages and free.​

For more information call 805 963-7775

Dec 3, 2004
San Jose, CA
Sorry to spoil it, but NWD 8 was dissapointing. Nothing new or anything spectacularly huge, unless you enjoy watching lots of people hitting all the same jumps over and over again all doing the same tricks. The last one was much better. Oh, and they stole a song from between the tape... lame.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I have to agree. I prefer more straight ahead DH action. Props to those who can do all those tricks but it does get a bit repetative in this vid. I would go just for the beers and social....

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Hope to be there...I'm leaving to ride tunnel so I should be back in time :)

Homework? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....forget that (tonight was my night to catch up on that stuff, ya right...).

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Yeah, homework's dumb.
I'll see you there. I look like I'm 12 and I have my skateboard.

edit: I just decided not to do mine either... It's an hour late, so it's late anyway...

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Yeah, homework's dumb.
I'll see you there. I look like I'm 12 and I have my skateboard.

edit: I just decided not to do mine either... It's an hour late, so it's late anyway...
Holy cow...you do look 12, lol.

Ya...it was good but not great. Too much jumping/hucking. I prefer DH videos alot more then freeride.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Was there with my younger brother........I'm over 18 (lol over 21 too!) so I scored happy hour while he watched the video.

There was WAY too much dirt jumping........and the music was so-so. Definitely not like the rest of the NWD series at all.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Ya, true but 5 and 6 were still better.

I'm watching between the tape at work right now and will do one of the NWD videos (probably 6) next.

Idk, they're all good but I just think 5 and 6 had the best variety.