Don't drink and drive. No Excuses.
Statistics show that traffic-related fatalities increase significantly around the holidays. As such, the Auto Club sponsors a complimentary Tipsy Tow service on New Years Eve and the Fourth of July, which offers free rides to drivers who have been drinking. Avoid becoming a statistic and help guests stay safe by following these tips:
- Ensure all guests have a ride to and from their destination in a car driven by a non-drinking designated driver
- Plan activities that take the focus away from drinking, and make non-alcoholic beverages readily available
- Serve high-protein snacks to slow down alcohol absorption
- Stop serving alcohol at least 90 minutes before a party ends, and serve guests coffee or dessert
- Take car keys from intoxicated guests who plan to drive home
Tipsy Tow service provides a complimentary ride and vehicle tow up to seven miles from the point of pickup to drivers who have consumed alcohol on New Years Eve and the Fourth of July. Tipsy Tow service is available to members and non-members. Ask for a Tipsy Tow by calling 1-800-400-4222.