Quantcast

*---o--(_)--o---*. Airport slog Saturday GMT ‛¯¯٭٭¯¯(▫▫)¯¯٭٭¯¯’

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Nao I get to hang out in the Boston airport for a couple hours then fly to Philadelphia to catch another flight to NC. Won’t get there until 11:00pm. 13 hours of traveling. A car would have been way less hassle. Yay

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
neighborhood block party
Love the idea, but only if it the non-assholes. Ugh.

will be putting the 'we are all equal' sign back out in the yard to assist with their sale price by eliminating half of the buyers.
put up a rainbow flag
This has eliminated many cold callers.
17245330204695405371199037077809.jpg

It's a supper party sort of thing.
Irish goodbye/feign sickness/gotta see a man about a horse?

I rode Mountain Lion today.
Love that trail!

Now do we get to blame Squeeb every time someone has a mishap in the hospital?
Seems fair.
Nah. Toshi. Sometimes me.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
horse show starts in 45 minutes
First time in Mexico many years ago. Heard lots about the dancing whores shows right off the plane. Then realized what they actually were saying. Spousal unit at the time was more interested in bullshit timeshare presentations anyhow.

#themoreyouknow

#fixyourshitmonkey

Beer and good company while doing lots of little long needed gear repair things.

20240824_162656.jpg

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Great riding today.

First trail down, there was more hikers than usual. Everyone was courteous though, they let us pass, we let them pass etc etc.

Then just as we pop out onto the road at the end, this dude starts going off about;

"I'm the landlord...."
"No bikes allowed..."
"I'm not going to sit here and argue..."
"I built these trails...."
"It's clearly signed...."

So he starts arguing with us. His wife said 3 times "let's just keep going". :rofl: :rofl:

We try reasoning with him and I even ask what's wrong with bikes, why can't we share. Then he eventually changes story about ACTUALLY someone else is the land owner (I will verify, last time I checked it was open land), and that he didn't build the trails but it's a group of people.

And there's no signs. No private property signs. We went and checked. Nothing.

Best part was, at the end, he points to my buddies gut and says "you should ride here more often by the looks of it". So not only does he throw a low blow childish insult, but he invites us and tells us to ride the trails more. :rofl:

What a piece of work. He clearly lives nearby and is probably threatened by people using the land nearby, he wants his private oasis next to the private ski club (that he made sure to tell us he's a member of).

Anyways...so now I have to go fact check and find out who actually owns that land and it's status.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Finished up the work week in Germany by going to a local soccer match with a buddy Friday night. Locals won. Post game shenanigans (including significant city bike silliness) meant I was hungover as fuck on trainride to Frankfurt.

Visiiting some pals in wine country today and tomorrow. Time to go zip around on the Autobahn with the rental…

Last edited: