Quantcast

<o>Day after Humphday<o>

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey gang

last night's TT was pretty fun. It's getting less painful and more fun, but about halfway through my shifter battery died and I could only go harder and faster and couldn't shift back down. It was quite a challenge and I set some great 1 minute power times, but less than ideal. More than a little disappointed that I got no warning and my battery basically went "Just fine, boss" to "blargh I am dead" in one ride. I bought extra batteries and will incorporate it into my yearly routine, just like re-cinching my cinch cranks and carbon lubing my seatpost.

I also got some weird shit off amazon rather than aliexpress for once. This time I bought a YBN chain which is supposed to be the lowest friction chain possible. I was sent what appears to be a used chain in a bag with no box or anything. So that's going back...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Today I watch over febrile-last-afternoon Baby Aya and then work 4-10 pm from home

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
27° F at about 5:30 AM, perhaps 40 now. Need to get ready to go down to @pigboy's tomorrow.
Hit about the same last night. There was a frost warning, but when I left for work the only frost I could see was in the ditch.

Still glad I had covered up all the plants with buckets..

That feels friggin cold, compared to when it was 25c a few days ago.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Plucked not one but two Tics off me after hiking. Both appeared to be of different species. Also tweezers were useless, so I used my mini multi-tool to twist the little fuckers out with their heads in tact. Gerber Dime for the win.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Plucked not one but two Tics off me after hiking. Both appeared to be of different species. Also tweezers were useless, so I used my mini multi-tool to twist the little fuckers out with their heads in tact. Gerber Dime for the win.
get a tick extractor from the pet store. they weigh about a gram and are designed to remove the embedded head

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY. The alarm went off at 5:00 and I rolled out of bed at 7:30. HOORAY WFH! I've got a sprint duathlon Sunday. There is a triathlon option but since I am a shitty swimmer I am playing to my strength with the duathlon (2 mile run, 10 mile bike, 3 mile run).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I've seen these as well- https://www.amazon.com/Tick-Key-Products-TickKey-Gold-Remover/dp/B00PKJBCGC?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A2DSKDTI5BQLLC
A good idea to have if you are in an area that has ticks. We haven't had much issues yet and the one time I found one, I used tweezers to remove them.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
What is this battery horseshit you're talking about? What shifters do you have? I've got the Di2 and thanks for the reminder that I should probably give it a charge.
I have SRAM AXS. There are three batteries- one rechargeable one on the derailleur, and one 2032 in each shifter. The derailleur has a big light on it to let me know when it's getting low, the shifters apparently have a hidden light :(