Quantcast

<o>Day after Humphday<o>

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I have SRAM AXS. There are three batteries- one rechargeable one on the derailleur, and one 2032 in each shifter. The derailleur has a big light on it to let me know when it's getting low, the shifters apparently have a hidden light :(
Not sure if we're talking normal brifters, but there's a light on the inside of the trigger (?) next to the little button used to configure or trim. I always check that light and my derailleur lights before heading out.

BS I know to need your bike charged, but it could be worse, it could be a moped. I do like it on my road bike, happy for my MTB's to remain cable actuated.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Not sure if we're talking normal brifters, but there's a light on the inside of the trigger (?) next to the little button used to configure or trim. I always check that light and my derailleur lights before heading out.

BS I know to need your bike charged, but it could be worse, it could be a moped. I do like it on my road bike, happy for my MTB's to remain cable actuated.
Yeah I forgot about that light. At the race, I saw a "Shifter battery critical" warning, but never a "Shifter battery is getting kinda low, might be time to think about ordering some batteries off amazon bro". I did it anyways as what was I gonna do???? and had already paid. I am overall still very happy with AXS, just missed a cue to keep my shit charged.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i think if you walk out in front of someone staring at your phone and you get run down....

tough shit.

non paying attention fucksticks.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The local Trek store fucked up me rear derailleur. Well at least the adjustment. Show up on the trail and it was very loose. This was the day I drove 50 min to get to a trail up North. Ended doing a road ride before dinner.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Our Poutine eating neighbors aren't sending their best...

IMG_20230518_153102318_HDR_copy_1125x2000.jpg

Sawtelle peak is behind that aerial bong shed.

Note to self, when buddy says road is dry he doesn't mean the put in...

IMG_20230518_143818848_HDR_copy_1125x2000.jpg

Water is high, mud season is nigh

IMG_20230518_153827298_HDR_copy_2000x1125.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Damn, we already have forest fire smoke here. Damn passive aggressive Canadians, sending us their particulates.
Normally we would have another month of rain. But everything is already dry as a bone, no rain in the forecast and smoke in the air. This summer is probably going to be a nightmare for fires.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
They (The City) put a drainpipe under the road going to the Weir on the crick. Substantial difference in how fast our Toe trail drains now. Swampy low parts are no longer swampy. Water in the crick is pretty high. Sucky climb is still sucky.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There are a few trails here that on a sunny day you almost wish you had lights because the trees are so thick. Hit up some trails that apparently got clear cut last year and managed to get sunburnt.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
There are a few trails here that on a sunny day you almost wish you had lights because the trees are so thick. Hit up some trails that apparently got clear cut last year and managed to get sunburnt.
With such steep canons it's lights-out after like 6pm in that cover. Here we get blasted at the park riding in the sun and then the dark and then light again in the middle of the day. For those moments in the trees you are riding blind for a few moments till your eyes adjust.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
With such steep canons it's lights-out after like 6pm in that cover. Here we get blasted at the park riding in the sun and then the dark and then light again in the middle of the day. For those moments in the trees you are riding blind for a few moments till your eyes adjust.
Yup. Sun sets at 2:00 in some areas, doesn't rise until after 10:00 in others (something like that). Has to be worse up your way with the sun even lower on the horizon. Actually not that bad on cloudy days where the light is being refracted from everywhere, it is the clear days that are worst.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yup. Sun sets at 2:00 in some areas, doesn't rise until after 10:00 in others (something like that). Has to be worse up your way with the sun even lower on the horizon. Actually not that bad on cloudy days where the light is being refracted from everywhere, it is the clear days that are worst.
Its actually not worse, thats what kind of surprised me. We dont have the deep forested canyons like that.