Quantcast

(-o Daytime maybe o-)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Back to the grind after a 3 day weekend. Played some golf, shot some archery, went out on a date with the wife, had to reframe a rough opening 1/2" wider to put in a new door. Good times.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The half inch wider/taller with doors and windows is always a PITA.
For some reason, this particular door was framed with 0 gaps. No shims to be found, everything just fastened directly to the studs. The new door was a pre-hung and came in 1/4" wider. :rolleyes:

This is not the only door/window I've had to shoehorn into a rough opening that's barely wider than the unit's frame.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Was hoping for an easy day at work after riding yesterday, had an almost 13hr day because a customer wanted a brake ovehaul done at 3PM. My boss was battling so I had to do a bunch more than just one side, finished it all and jumped in the truck, headlights didn't come on and the windscreen was dripping. Shut the door and the headlights worked, I'll call that fixed.

Was leaving the workshop and did an old person special and almost punched the car through a fence because I grabbed a fist full of "D"! It's been a while since I have been so pooped.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Took a leak, couldn't go back to sleep so shower and coffee it is, Still procrastinating drilling the boat floor as I am thinking there has to be a better way to mount the bilge pump.

United Rentals opens at 8, hopefully, they have a skid steer to rent, otherwise, I have to rent at least a half day from Caterpillar for 30 min worth of work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Working from home today, purely so that I can more easily go for a ride tonight.

After 3 or whatever weeks of messaging, the dude with the Husqvarna trimmer is finally going to meetup with me tonight and exchange goods.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello
No riding this weekend due to weather. Had some fun with the kids though and got a very brief swim in.

Still trying to do battle with the birds outside my house. I took down my shiny metallic things and put up an ultrasonic thingy. Nothing works. I even bought industrial strength grape scent which birds are supposed to hate. They don’t care. Maybe I need to call a pro.

So now I have a crumbling garage foundation, delayed garage doors, rotting window sills, and continual bird damage. Oh, and sloppy raccoons too :(

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Hello
No riding this weekend due to weather. Had some fun with the kids though and got a very brief swim in.

Still trying to do battle with the birds outside my house. I took down my shiny metallic things and put up an ultrasonic thingy. Nothing works. I even bought industrial strength grape scent which birds are supposed to hate. They don’t care. Maybe I need to call a pro.

So now I have a crumbling garage foundation, delayed garage doors, rotting window sills, and continual bird damage. Oh, and sloppy raccoons too :(
How long is the delay on your garage doors?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Hello

Punt gun, bro. Blow the entire top of the tree they are sitting in off. We extincted the passenger pigeon with these things so it's probably going to do the trick.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello

Have you considered getting a bigger bird?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mornin' :wave:

Another HOT week ahead, maybe 10* above average already and it's barely Summer.
Today is work, find a good replacement PF bottom bracket and drop off moar unneeded stuff at the thrift store.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Hello

Fucking birds! We have got 4 mature cherry trees and the birds are wrecking the fruit this year. I swear they take a little peck and then drop the fruit. Time to get a pet hawk.

Also, birds LOVE grapes. No idea why someone would use grape scent to repel birds.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Arrgh, I should be sleeping but some headphones showed up today so I'm testing them out with heaps of music by White Lung, love the chaotic guitar.
Canada has so many rad bands.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Fucking birds! We have got 4 mature cherry trees and the birds are wrecking the fruit this year. I swear they take a little peck and then drop the fruit. Time to get a pet hawk.

Also, birds LOVE grapes. No idea why someone would use grape scent to repel birds.
http://www.agbio-inc.com/avex-bird-and-geese-repellent.html. I bought the main ingredient and spray it at my holes twice a week. Does nothing. I soaked the insulation that I put into the hole in the oil and they still just pulled it out. Fuckers. It's supposed to be bird-safe and environmentally friendly. I want the birds to be happy, I just want them to be happy someplace else.

Anyways, I'm going to try some burlap which is supposed to be annoying, since the ultrasonic thing is apparently useless.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
had a meeting w/folks from the local library to talk about including some historical ephemera in our upcoming exhibition.

heading home to see the older kid off to his college pre-orientation week. got a bunch of things on both the work and family to-do list to tick off in the next few days. let's get busy!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Yesterday was rough in general. It was 100* at the track and over 130* on the track. Wifey and Hannah came out, which was great. Unfortunately neither sweat or drop heat easily (hello weird genetics), so they both overheated badly. Hannah loves race weekends, but I don't think that she can come to this particular track - too much asphalt.

Haley ended up in a smaller and faster than usual group, on a track she's never been to. One kid is a national series racer (he's home schooled - he races every weekend in 3 series') and the other is a 4-year experience national series racer. She dropped 2 sec/lap from Saturday morning until the pre-final on Sunday. She got within .75 sec/lap then they ran away by distance (not lap speed gaps) and she just stopped getting faster. Her coach said it looked like she stalled/stopped trying to catch-up when it was clear that she couldn't catch them anymore. The post-race talk was about how going forward, she's no longer racing for places - she's racing for times. Places will come with faster times. She still got third, but by default. She was a lot better on nutrition Saturday, but blew up Sunday. We made a step forward.

I also discovered that I've lost 10# in the last 3 weeks. I didn't even realize it, but figured I should see how much I gained in the Bahamas. I ate worse, but lost weight. Figure that out?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dropped our tranny off in Boulder for some conversion therapy. Hopefully a new lease of life in a couple of weeks when they're done and we're able to head back and collect.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. tired. hoo boy.

bike park was good yesterday, not as hot as expected, and kept it rubber side down.

new Giro goggles..... strap broke out of the frame when i went to put it on for the second run. :stosh:

discover car battery died when I stopped for lunch. :stosh: thankfully somebody in the row over had one of those battery jump starter packs. made it home.

charged the battery this AM before needing to drive the kids to climbing camp. stopped after that for a new battery, replaced it in the parking lot (thanks knipex plier wrench i forgot to take out after riding yesterday.

wasn't too keen on working, hit the costco and picked up 2 battery jump starters for future emergencies.

stopped at BJs and bought the smoker. masterbuilt 560 with 2x20lb bags of charcoal, and a 4 pack of wood chips for $224. :fancy:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
http://www.agbio-inc.com/avex-bird-and-geese-repellent.html. I bought the main ingredient and spray it at my holes twice a week. Does nothing. I soaked the insulation that I put into the hole in the oil and they still just pulled it out. Fuckers. It's supposed to be bird-safe and environmentally friendly. I want the birds to be happy, I just want them to be happy someplace else.

Anyways, I'm going to try some burlap which is supposed to be annoying, since the ultrasonic thing is apparently useless.
Where are said holes?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The base rock for the drill pad is graded, I had to use a toro dingo, hate those things, but it is done, the well will be drilled by the end of the day tomorrow, @Toshi might want to let your folks know there will be a ton of noise all day tomorrow so if they want to venture out and escape the calamity, I sent them an email letting them know of the impending ruckus but they seem to take their time with email.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Oof, 4hrs sleep and you know the hot shower before work will be the best part of your day.
Hydraulic cylinders to remove from some weird bouigie American thing today, hurrah!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon.
Got home late last night from Gymnastics Nationals with both girls. Alex had her first nationals competition and ended up finishing 5th on bars for level 5. Sydney is the championship level (8/9) and got 5th place over all on the balance beam and qualified in the top 25 at her level for the all around finals where she finished 20th. We even got to get in a short visit with jonkranked and Alex thoroughly enjoyed his new pool! Weather is pushing graduation to tomorrow night so it's scramble and make sure we are ready to watch Sydney graduate. I can't believe she's 18 and graduating. Time really does fly.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Afternoon.
Got home late last night from Gymnastics Nationals with both girls. Alex had her first nationals competition and ended up finishing 5th on bars for level 5. Sydney is the championship level (8/9) and got 5th place over all on the balance beam and qualified in the top 25 at her level for the all around finals where she finished 20th. We even got to get in a short visit with jonkranked and Alex thoroughly enjoyed his new pool! Weather is pushing graduation to tomorrow night so it's scramble and make sure we are ready to watch Sydney graduate. I can't believe she's 18 and graduating. Time really does fly.
heck yeah! sounds like we both have one out and one on the way!

wish i were able to sample @jonKranked's pool on my way north on friday, but unless traffic pushes me east, it'll be 81 through central pa for me...