Quantcast

[]-O-[] Happy Star Wars Day GMT []-O-[]

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Everyone at work is slowly losing their minds due to home office. Tons of small mistakes on emails. This makes everyone even more tired.

Also local dj spot was to be open but isnt because of local city restrictions.

Also coffee doesn't work. I'm sleepy and grumpy

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hiya, pals! I dragged my lard ass to the rail trail early this morning for 60 minutes of running like an Ewok. Costco delivery arrived at 7:45 this morning. loffers

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Is the new jorb official yet?
Nope. They said the background check will take a few days and they only started it late Wednesday. I went for the pee test Thursday, and I've got to think that alone will take a few days to get results. I am certainly feeling antsy about the whole thing. There shouldn't be any problems with the background check, but the new job isn't official until it's official. I just want it to be done.

Nope. They said the background check will take a few days and they only started it late Wednesday. I went for the pee test Thursday, and I've got to think that alone will take a few days to get results. I am certainly feeling antsy about the whole thing. There shouldn't be any problems with the background check, but the new job isn't official until it's official. I just want it to be done.
Good luck!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
IAB: Pee test results are usually ready by the time you walk out the door unless they send them out and even then they are ready the next day. We get the results back on all our potential hires by the next day. Live scans we usually get back in 48 hours. Employment verifications usually take the longest in my experience

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
IAB: Pee test results are usually ready by the time you walk out the door unless they send them out and even then they are ready the next day. We get the results back on all our potential hires by the next day. Live scans we usually get back in 48 hours. Employment verifications usually take the longest in my experience
This appears to be a whole "climb up my butthole" third party background check. They're checking employment history, credit, criminal, motor vehicle, the references, the pee test, and they wanted my college transcripts, then they put it all together in a nice little report and send it to the hiring company. Also, covid is slowing down pretty much everything on top of that and they told me it'd probably delay things slightly.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
After 70's all weekend the weather is supposed to turn sucky again for the week.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yes and no. When I get my medical certificate renewed each year, they test it on the spot. When I first got hired, I had to do a pee-test where they sealed it up like it was a top secret nuclear codes and put it in a box and sent it across the country to get tested, it was crazy. Same thing they do for ATC controllers.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yes and no. When I get my medical certificate renewed each year, they test it on the spot. When I first got hired, I had to do a pee-test where they sealed it up like it was a top secret nuclear codes and put it in a box and sent it across the country to get tested, it was crazy. Same thing they do for ATC controllers.
My pee was separated into two tubes, sealed tight, and placed in a package that went to God-knows-where. I had to initial the tubes and the package to verify it was my info on all three. I am guessing that Quest Diagnostics location just did the collecting, then sent the sample off-site for testing. It was a small office.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My pee was separated into two tubes, sealed tight, and placed in a package that went to God-knows-where. I had to initial the tubes and the package to verify it was my info on all three. I am guessing that Quest Diagnostics location just did the collecting, then sent the sample off-site for testing. It was a small office.
Sounds pretty standard for every random I ever get.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Speaking of random, when I got hired for my current job 18 years ago, they selected random testers by making you reach into a bag full of dicks and pull one out. Get the red one and you get tested. Mine was white.
Awful.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i uncorked an old man style sneeze in my elbow while wearing a mask in bi-lo.....people fucking flinching and shit....

sometimes it sneaks up on you like a shart....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sunny mid 60s with a light breeze. Took the kids on an hour long bike ride through the neighborhood. Stopped at the church at the top of the hill to rip laps around their parking lot.

IMG_20200504_111917.jpg

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
This whole thing is making people nuts. The quiet, mousey girl (half my age) came over to hit on me while I was messily eating lunch in my car. This is so far out of her normal personality I couldn't even register it. Flattering though.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Been donning boots & walking a lot at low tide. It hasn't sucked. I've also discovered which islands I can walk to without sinking out of sight in the mud.