Quantcast

\o> HumpDerp <o/

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fresh snow on top of the Continental Divide this morning. Not ready for summer to be over.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
ooooh duelling GMTs again... I choose humpderp.

kids slept like shit again last night, so therefore my wife and I slept like shit too. wtf is going on?!?! Honestly, my 3 yo has regressed at least two years in his sleep patterns... his nose is runny, so maybe he's fighting something, but jesus christ on a crutch, I'm tired of this shit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Power went out last night for some unknown reason. No visible car crashes, no storms, it just blinked off for an hour and change. Weird.

Brought the bike with me hoping to ride after work if the storm stay away. May ride anyway so long as the trails aren't going to get all buggered up.

Turns out I'm a good candidate for LASIK. They want $3,400 after insurance discounts for the privilege. I do have the money in an HSA, but whether or not I should go for it is another question.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Good morning all of you wonderful people.
Coffee now then endless work.

Shock delivery today. So, you know...
What'd you get?

Sitting at airport working on bloody #2, en route to Chicago 'burbs for a conference.
Family going to Lake George for week, which is where I'd rather be headed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
ooooh duelling GMTs again... I choose humpderp.

kids slept like shit again last night, so therefore my wife and I slept like shit too. wtf is going on?!?! Honestly, my 3 yo has regressed at least two years in his sleep patterns... his nose is runny, so maybe he's fighting something, but jesus christ on a crutch, I'm tired of this shit.
Ear plugs and lock your bedroom door? :busted:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
CCDBA/cs ... with high flow oil leak valve and new improved self destruct mode.

Before you start, yes I know.
This was brand new, latest greatest everything, and less $ than shop cost so I figured I'd give it a shot.
At least your drivetrain will stay happy with the constant oil mist raining down on every compression.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ran over my coffee mug yesterday. Oh poo.

New atlas cranks came in. BB came in. NO ONE IN CRACKIMA HAS A FUCKING CINCH BB TOOL.

So waiting patiently on Jenson to overnight me some tool.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
CCDBA/cs ... with high flow oil leak valve and new improved self destruct mode.

Before you start, yes I know.
This was brand new, latest greatest everything, and less $ than shop cost so I figured I'd give it a shot.
Good luck. Mine goes for service to CC after the ridemonkey ride (6 months old). It gave my bike a nice rootbeer coat.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good luck. Mine goes for service to CC after the ridemonkey ride (6 months old). It gave my bike a nice rootbeer coat.
I figured I'd give it a whirl, keeping my backup, and if it fails I'll have it warrantied and try something else like the X2.
That said, I know just as many peeps who haven't had quality issues with their dba, almost all of the issues were with the db inline.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Hump day indeed. Riding the bus does get some much needed reading done. Almost an hour each way is sort of painful, but there are only 3 stops along the way and reading passes the time easy enough. They might be taking out one of the stops, so that will help.

Debating on selling just the frame/fork on the RM and build an enduro 26 (I just put all new drivetrain on it not too long ago) or try to sell it off as "vintage" and just eat it. I only paid $400 for it 10 years ago, so my hopes are pretty low.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I figured I'd give it a whirl, keeping my backup, and if it fails I'll have it warrantied and try something else like the X2.
That said, I know just as many peeps who haven't had quality issues with their dba, almost all of the issues were with the db inline.
and the db inline issues were process related with the early batches. the ones they're currently putting out have addressed the issues. i've got an inline on my '15 spitty, 0 issues. this subject was actually touched on in a pinkbike article

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Debating on selling just the frame/fork on the RM and build an enduro 26 (I just put all new drivetrain on it not too long ago) or try to sell it off as "vintage" and just eat it. I only paid $400 for it 10 years ago, so my hopes are pretty low.
you can try to sell it, but it's not old enough to truly be vintage. i've got some older stuff that i've been unloading, and it's been going for less than i expected it too. almost not worth it.

PM me, there's an active facebook group i've sold some stuff through that's pretty active.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
you can try to sell it, but it's not old enough to truly be vintage. i've got some older stuff that i've been unloading, and it's been going for less than i expected it too. almost not worth it.

PM me, there's an active facebook group i've sold some stuff through that's pretty active.
Yea, I figure if I can get $250 for the frame and fork, I am ahead of the game. I might keep it just because. If it had the Monster T, I would almost hang it up. The Super T, while a good fork back in the day, it looks way dated. and the performance is quite lacking. The Monster just fit the overall look of the bike better IMO.

Also shipping a full RM7 might cost a small mint, too. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yea, I figure if I can get $250 for the frame and fork, I am ahead of the game. I might keep it just because. If it had the Monster T, I would almost hang it up. The Super T, while a good fork back in the day, it looks way dated. and the performance is quite lacking. The Monster just fit the overall look of the bike better IMO.

Also shipping a full RM7 might cost a small mint, too. :rofl:
yea, unless i'm getting $400 or more for a frame, not worth shipping and would try to sell local. unless its a smaller frame like a bmx frame or a ds hardtail (like the cheeta i'm trying to sell)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all. Short staffed at work thus busy. Wife still wants three kids yet I am done so had a nice argument about that last night.