Quantcast

\o> HumpDerp <o/

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hi all. Short staffed at work thus busy. Wife still wants three kids yet I am done so had a nice argument about that last night.
And this is why I got cut less than 2 weeks of MadDog's birth. She was in no mood to talk MOAR and I saw my opportunity.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mini vacation started when I left work at noon, everyone was happy to see me go. Time to finis packing for tomorrows early start. Sky is clearing so I'll be able to get in a ride this evening. :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hi all. Short staffed at work thus busy. Wife still wants three kids yet I am done so had a nice argument about that last night.
Contract ZikBolAids.

Alternatively, offer to act as an analog: be loud, unreasonable with no control of your bodily functions.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It's artsy hear in the slow-district today. May need to stab myself in the thigh with a fork to keep from falling asleep.

Good chance of trails and Kick-Ass Thai later. Conversely there is an equal chance for a nap, yawn...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
What are your dates?
You can still get into Yellowstone via West or Cody. Shouldn't be a dealbreaker, but I will try and keep you informed as to overall conditions.
fly into denver on the seventh....have to be in the midsoula area by the ninth.....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
While in the store. My Wheels got stolen. GT/Hadley Hubs on Mavic 317 Rims. Handbuilt by me in 1995. The new XT 8 speed cassette is irreplaceable.

Police have recovered them. Old guy walking down Monroe had them. I need to go there and identify them.

In hand. Back home. Officer was kind of cute. #Wheels matter. She laughed.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tonights ride materialized and was pretty stellar. Though, next week the lights WILL be on the bike. I opted for a fire road back to the car towards the end, it was a little too dark for my crappy eyes.

Also got there early and checked out the museum across the street. Pretty cool place with a lot of very old farm and construction equipment. Some stuff dating back to the 1800's.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
More forest fires here, too smokey to ride. The road to Yellowstone is closed, lots of tourists freaking out...
My buddy Bryan is a ranger in Grand Teton. He lived near Flagg. He was working the fire line until the regular wildland fire fighters arrived then he and the rest of the employees packed their stuff and bugged out to safer ground to the south. He was working the road blocks today

My friend liz sent this from the Jackson Lake Dam on the Snake River

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
fly into denver on the seventh....have to be in the midsoula area by the ninth.....
My 2 cents: I've driven CO (Hot Sulphur Springs/Denver) to MT (Bozeman) every way you can and if you don't do YStone/Jackson you should really swing through the town of Saratoga WY (free NICE town hotsprings), and while I haven't mtb East (?) of there, supposedly there's killer singletrack with not much climbing required...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My 2 cents: I've driven CO (Hot Sulphur Springs/Denver) to MT (Bozeman) every way you can and if you don't do YStone/Jackson you should really swing through the town of Saratoga WY (free NICE town hotsprings), and while I haven't mtb East (?) of there, supposedly there's killer singletrack with not much climbing required...
i have driven through albany and riverside looking for a fire lookout....saw a shit ton of logging...the drive through medicine bow is nice....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Killer mtb east of Saratoga? Are you talking about Curt Gowdy?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Legacy humpderp bump as it takes a lot of effort to create a new thread.

Fly home tomorrow \o/

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

This bumping of old GMT's confuses me. It's too early in the morning for such shenanigans I say!

Massage after work yesterday. Nightmares last night. Skiing today. I know I've said it the last 3 times I've gone, but I suspect this may be the last ski outing.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Attended a charity-event for a private film maker last nite; a view on a sensitive topic polarizing on many different levels - machination(s) of Gun Proliferation in America.
UK based filmmaker then hosted a cordial Q&A along w/ the Producer afterward. Well-received as a feature on the Channel 4 in England.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Gray day here with moar rain incoming soon. I need to do this worky thing for a while, then find me some entertainment in the afternoon. Perhaps I'll try this Formula rotor on the new wheel.