Quantcast

>:O It's Thursday O:<

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
16 year old air suspension crapped out on the Allroad (front). Heck. If I can't get a quick, reasonably $ repair I may DIY a whole new system over the weekend.
$700 in parts + 5 hours, so like 10-12 hours for me.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Quite nice out. Ride on tap with a co-worker. Last time I rode with him was when he first moved out here. He was terribly over weight and puked at least twice. He is now very slim and putting in monster miles. I fear roles may be reversed for this ride.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
:wave:

Quite nice out. Ride on tap with a co-worker. Last time I rode with him was when he first moved out here. He was terribly over weight and puked at least twice. He is now very slim and putting in monster miles. I fear roles may be reversed for this ride.
Sounds like a balls out ride? :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
16 year old air suspension crapped out on the Allroad (front). Heck. If I can't get a quick, reasonably $ repair I may DIY a whole new system over the weekend.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This car had been rock solid for me. Throwing $1k at it every few years isn't the worst thing.
Swapping the air suspension for normal struts?

Looking out the window the local bear upended our shared dumpster and spread the contents over the road last night. I guess helping put it upright and cleaning up the mess will be on tap for later this morning.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
one call down, two more to go, busy work in between. then shall pick up the 11yo and stop for ice cream on our way to ride les bikes.
trying to figure out where to ride with him tomorrow.
low 90s both days, but then back into the low 80s, which is most excellent.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What, what? We need details! :D

Right heel no buneo, taped but any weight on it == discomfort. Time to rest and build up a frame, I guess.
Was seeking something to de-limb smaller fallen trees, as well as cut back brush and overgrowth.

Originally ordered an Ontario RTAK-2, but the handle was too large for my hands and the sheath sucked. Fixing those would have spanned the difference to an Esee Junglas, which is more ergonomic, has a much better sheath, and has a better warranty.

ee-junglas-odor$01-esee-knives.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Rain, we need it, but it still sucks. I keep wondering if my boss will cover for me the way he covers for everyone else who isn't doing their job. I'm actually doing my job, but that's my own fault. We had our 1:1 yesterday and he asked if I was getting what I needed from the other team members. I said I had gotten jack shit from the other team members and did it all myself. He made excuses that other folks are busy with things other than our actual project. Good times

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Back has been acting up again. Called my doc and got some muscle relaxers. I feel like a tweaker asking for them but golly do they work. Half a pill before bed last night, slept like a rock and my back feels significantly better.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Been up since 5am and decided that was a good time to start working. But I'll be done for the day around 1, so FTS. Haley's done with school for the summer as of Tuesday, so she's on a wild rampage with her friends.

Mostly off the Oxy. I am still taking it in the am and when I go to sleep, but pain is under control via anti-inflammatories throughout the day. Going to try and stop am tomorrow and see how it goes. I'd prefer to be able to not be a hindrance around the house, at least as much as possible.

I'd totally volunteer to help. But I can't. So I won't. Good luck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Mostly off the Oxy. I am still taking it in the am and when I go to sleep, but pain is under control via anti-inflammatories throughout the day. Going to try and stop am tomorrow and see how it goes. I'd prefer to be able to not be a hindrance around the house, at least as much as possible.
So... you gonna have any "leftovers"?

Asking for a friend.

:homer:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Back has been acting up again. Called my doc and got some muscle relaxers. I feel like a tweaker asking for them but golly do they work. Half a pill before bed last night, slept like a rock and my back feels significantly better.
You know what I found works for me when my back is acting up... is shuttling a local rocky trail a few times at mach fernando with @SkaredShtles and @Nick and @6thElement. YMMV.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I bet it was helping lift my bike into the pickup which really helped the issue (gracias).

@Nick I can assist with the suspension swap if required - I stayed at a Holiday Inn once.
6th's new bike is like 7 feet long. That's 2.75 Henway, for the metric crowd.

Suspension parts in route, I shall be wrenching all weekend. :dead: