\~o~/Monday Mundaneness\~o~/

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Opening up my work laptop like

1698668839971.png

JK, it's not that bad. Other than my computer going to sleep and not waking up. Hello hard restarts, goodbye to whatever I was working on at the time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Opening up my work laptop like

View attachment 202840

JK, it's not that bad. Other than my computer going to sleep and not waking up. Hello hard restarts, goodbye to whatever I was working on at the time.
At least you have a laptop! I pulled into work, grabbed my lunch out of the back seat and said "huh...I'm forgetting something". Took a few steps and then it clicked, this idiot left his laptop at home.

So now I'm logging into some loaner. I predict work productivity will be an all time high today!

In other news, the girlfriend left early this morning and is heading to Florida to go on a cruise with her mom. So flying solo with the animals this week.

I need to get some candy for Halloween tomorrow- I plan on riding but was going to leave a self serve bucket with not at the front door. Right under the security camera so that I can see if some dickbag hooligan steals it all.

Anyways, coffee'ing it now

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yup. rode into the office regardless. feel refreshed!

after a very wet and very slippery ride on Saturday morning, I installed my new 2.6 purple stripe Magic Mary on my front wheel, and swapped to old 2.3 magic mary onto my rear wheel, with a new Rimpact insert. I was worried about the rear wheel being an absolute pain in the ass to seal, but I got it on, aired up and holding air without any sealant! but the new front tire wasn't seating... popped a tube in there and I've been letting it sit for a couple of days. Might wait to do one ride with it before trying to seat it again. stupid tubeless....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Fell back asleep for a couple of hours. It’s my Sunday so no worries.

Dreamed that I was walking to work wearing only my underwear and figured I’d just put some clothes on when I got there only to realize I had none and had to turn around and walk home.

Probably some premonition about the inevitable wearing of pants. Winter is upon us.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
FFS's people, don't throw someone under the bus, if you haven't also done your part. :rofl:

<vent>
-Been asked to test something, even though I originally told them straight up its a horrible idea. They want it anyways..
-Coworker emailed on Thursday if I have tested it yet. I said nope, but if you could send me the script that you found before that would help greatly.
-No response to that email.
-Then today the same guy sends another email to me asking for an update, this time cc'ing our director big honcho guy.
-Bro, don't think I won't screenshot your lack of reply to my last email. :rofl:
-and yeah, my response is still the same as the last email I sent, which you clearly didn't bother to read.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
FFS's people, don't throw someone under the bus, if you haven't also done your part. :rofl:

<vent>
-Been asked to test something, even though I originally told them straight up its a horrible idea. They want it anyways..
-Coworker emailed on Thursday if I have tested it yet. I said nope, but if you could send me the script that you found before that would help greatly.
-No response to that email.
-Then today the same guy sends another email to me asking for an update, this time cc'ing our director big honcho guy.
-Bro, don't think I won't screenshot your lack of reply to my last email. :rofl:
-and yeah, my response is still the same as the last email I sent, which you clearly didn't bother to read.
PER MY LAST EMAIL

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Happy Monday - dropped off the rugrat at school and now am shuffling through county paperwork for a boundary line adjustment.

Anyone here collect pre-columbian jade artifacts?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Hella meeting Mondays, yay. I am happy to get 80% of meetings on Monday, but it does make Mondays pretty awful.

PT on the knee has actually been going well. My knee has been mostly pain free for over a week now. It stiffens up sometimes, but overall it's been better and that's encouraging.

Also bitter cold, brrr. 30 freedom walkies suck.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Not cold here. Pretty moist though.

My cheap ass dad who wont spend a dime on gravel has my loaded semi truck buried in his driveway. . .
Step one is to get it out, 80,000lbs of dead weight is hard to get rolling again. Step 2 is to get 10 loads for 53 limestone. Its a great Monday.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
yup. rode into the office regardless. feel refreshed!

after a very wet and very slippery ride on Saturday morning, I installed my new 2.6 purple stripe Magic Mary on my front wheel, and swapped to old 2.3 magic mary onto my rear wheel, with a new Rimpact insert. I was worried about the rear wheel being an absolute pain in the ass to seal, but I got it on, aired up and holding air without any sealant! but the new front tire wasn't seating... popped a tube in there and I've been letting it sit for a couple of days. Might wait to do one ride with it before trying to seat it again. stupid tubeless....
Kinda hope this snow won't melt. Trails will be a mess for a while.

I've put speed back on the mudder. Might sneak out to play in the woods.

PXL_20231030_155821795.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Kinda hope this snow won't melt. Trails will be a mess for a while.
~8" of snow with temps in the 60 freedums by the end of the week. Muddy trails for sure with none of that melt being sucked up by the plants this time of year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Did you end up destroying your rear hub?
Yep - I have pictures here somewhere but the pawls and a bearing in the Hope hub exploded.

I ended up using the girlfriend's wheel for the rest of the season and it was fine - its some chinese brand called Quando. Going to email Moose Bikes and see if they'll sell me one for cheap. No way I want to spend $300+ on a new hub and rebuild....just for it to explode again.