Quantcast

~<o>~NoHikeTuesday~<o>~

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hello folks. Another busy work day. Our phones went down for half of yesterday, which I didn't need. I also had a mental stutter while talking to someone about stock comp and somehow the output was equi-cock-stomp-ity blending equity and stock comp into one mangled word. That was a funny hiccup... She still wants to meet though, so that's good.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
got a new bike earlier this year. getting another case of new bike-itis, but for a road bike. giant has a defy advanced with 105di2 for $3500......

i'll try and content myself with some new road bike knobby tires at half off for now.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Blonde Dog® pooped weird last night and is now quarantined to the laundry room with newspaper on the floor. Meeting coming up in 11 minutes, then I think I’m gonna install new 31.8 bars and stem on the bike to see if helps with my hands hurting / going numb in long rough descents. I’ll probably take another spacer out of the fork, because spacers + higher PSI because I’m fat make for not getting all the travels.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hello folks. Another busy work day. Our phones went down for half of yesterday, which I didn't need. I also had a mental stutter while talking to someone about stock comp and somehow the output was equi-cock-stomp-ity blending equity and stock comp into one mangled word. That was a funny hiccup... She still wants to meet though, so that's good.
Perhaps she is into cock-stomping?

does she not know where the store is located? or is she unable to transit herself?
Cookies, man. Pay attention.

I *am* a bit disturbed that people apparently don't know you can cook/ bake with salted butter, though. :think:

And I tweaked my back or something putting on deodorant this morning.

WHATS NEXT?
Dislocated shoulder from sleeping on it "funny."

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Blonde Dog® pooped weird last night and is now quarantined to the laundry room with newspaper on the floor. Meeting coming up in 11 minutes, then I think I’m gonna install new 31.8 bars and stem on the bike to see if helps with my hands hurting / going numb in long rough descents. I’ll probably take another spacer out of the fork, because spacers + higher PSI because I’m fat make for not getting all the travels.
I should probably do that too. The last inch of travel on my fork is basically unusable, no matter how hard of a hit I take.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I should probably do that too. The last inch of travel on my fork is basically unusable, no matter how hard of a hit I take.
How is quarantining yourself to the laundry room going to help resolve fork travel issues though?

Crick in my neck I woke up with on Saturday is still killing me. Right wrist/forearm is still effed, preventing MTBing and I couldn't get an appointment until the 11th...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
got a new bike earlier this year. getting another case of new bike-itis, but for a road bike. giant has a defy advanced with 105di2 for $3500......

i'll try and content myself with some new road bike knobby tires at half off for now.
What’s the first new bike?

My road bike has been my favorite purchase of all time, I think. I’ve got so many miles on that thing and just want to keep riding it. Just saying….

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm now happy to have *only* the last 1-1/2 inches of travel that aren't being used. I'd say I was only getting about 110/170mm travel out of that dang thing prior. I noticed it a while back, then just kept conveniently forgetting to have a look. Now that the long, rough descents in the high country are opening up, it's more painfully obvious something's up. Opened it up and there were two large sized spacers in that thing, took one out and it's way better—just need to readjust compression and rebound settings. Thinking I'll take the other one out before I get too deep into (re)tuning.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My road bike has been my favorite purchase of all time, I think. I’ve got so many miles on that thing and just want to keep riding it. Just saying….
I think my 29er Ti HT I bought in late 2010 probably takes that bike purchase for me. But I love my Blackheart RoadTi now too, many good miles on it so far this year.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What’s the first new bike?

got a pistola.

my road bikes have always been piecemealed as a mix from hand me downs, part bins, mtb parts, and a few nashbar specials with a couple adapters thrown in to make it work.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
got a pistola.

my road bikes have always been piecemealed as a mix from hand me downs, part bins, mtb parts, and a few nashbar specials with a couple adapters thrown in to make it work.
I mean I built my road bike from scratch. There's still very very little I would change. It's been pretty trouble free aside from easton cranks easton cranking, alibayexpress cages oxidizing, and tires getting slashed....but I've found a reason to get rid of or swap 90% of my bikes, and this is one that I will be a little sad when it dies as I have no intention of selling.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I mean I built my road bike from scratch. There's still very very little I would change. It's been pretty trouble free aside from easton cranks easton cranking, alibayexpress cages oxidizing, and tires getting slashed....but I've found a reason to get rid of or swap 90% of my bikes, and this is one that I will be a little sad when it dies as I have no intention of selling.
given my lack of familiarity with road standards, i'd personally opt to pick something complete.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm now happy to have *only* the last 1-1/2 inches of travel that aren't being used. I'd say I was only getting about 110/170mm travel out of that dang thing prior. I noticed it a while back, then just kept conveniently forgetting to have a look. Now that the long, rough descents in the high country are opening up, it's more painfully obvious something's up. Opened it up and there were two large sized spacers in that thing, took one out and it's way better—just need to readjust compression and rebound settings. Thinking I'll take the other one out before I get too deep into (re)tuning.
Probably better for shop thread, but this Ohlins fork I have uses a separate air chamber for bottoming/progressivity (not unlike some old Bombers) and it's the bee's knees. I don't want to ever go back to spacers to reduce volume.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Probably better for shop thread, but this Ohlins fork I have uses a separate air chamber for bottoming/progressivity (not unlike some old Bombers) and it's the bee's knees. I don't want to ever go back to spacers to reduce volume.
Doesn’t someone make a little air adjustable volume reducer doodad? Avalanche or someone? Oh wait… Englund?