Quantcast

(o)(o) Boobsday GMT (o)(o)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! I did not get much sleep last night, coffee to the rescue, gallons will be consumed today.

Also, storms and no riding this evening. :(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yep, raining like a futhermucker this morning, and I am fine with that. Hit the gym treadmill before work. 60 minute run, 8.34 miles...my first treadmill run in about a month.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Raining. Heady Topper run to commence.
This might be heresy, but when I was down there, I tracked some down. I found it good, but too bitter. I also found a sampler case of Oskar Blues with some Dale's in it. I much (much) prefer the Dale's. It might just be the best beer I've ever had. Though variety is the spice of life, so why limit yourself right?!?!

On another note, my oldest son's nightmare's continue. My wife went in to sleep with him last night and said that he's not making it up. She can hear him thrashing and crying and whimpering in his sleep. Fugg.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I also found a sampler case of Oskar Blues with some Dale's in it. I much (much) prefer the Dale's. It might just be the best beer I've ever had. Though variety is the spice of life, so why limit yourself right?!?!
Dales is like a session beer to me.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Had more to drink than I accurately remember last night. Remembering that I am not 22 today.
Ouch.
:)
Lots of water to be consumed this morning!

On another note, my oldest son's nightmare's continue. My wife went in to sleep with him last night and said that he's not making it up. She can hear him thrashing and crying and whimpering in his sleep. Fugg.
I would recommend trying essential oils. Get a decent diffuser off of Amazon (I use: this ) and use some lavender essential oil as a starting point. My textbook also lists:cinnamon, clary sage, cypress, dill, eucalyptus, geranium grapefruit, juniper berry, lavender, melissa, roman chamomiles, white fir, wild orange, veviter, and ylang ylang.

I use Veviter every night on the bottoms of my feet and think it helps me sleep better than I do without, and I don't tend to have nightmares when I use it, though I do when I skip it.

Just a few thoughts by a fellow nightmare plagued person. They started when I was three!! Good luck with whatever route you go with!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Had more to drink than I accurately remember last night. Remembering that I am not 22 today.
Ouch.

I would recommend trying essential oils. Get a decent diffuser off of Amazon (I use: this ) and use some lavender essential oil as a starting point. My textbook also lists:cinnamon, clary sage, cypress, dill, eucalyptus, geranium grapefruit, juniper berry, lavender, melissa, roman chamomiles, white fir, wild orange, veviter, and ylang ylang.

I use Veviter every night on the bottoms of my feet and think it helps me sleep better than I do without, and I don't tend to have nightmares when I use it, though I do when I skip it.

Just a few thoughts by a fellow nightmare plagued person. They started when I was three!! Good luck with whatever route you go with!
thanks. Do you mean you started having nightmares when you were three and they never went away?! this does not give me hope... Also, sorry to hear it, that must suck.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Ouch.

Overheard by a friend in a Denver pot store:
customer: "I want something to help with my nightmares"
pot store: "sure. would you want to have more or less?"

:twitch:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
thanks. Do you mean you started having nightmares when you were three and they never went away?! this does not give me hope... Also, sorry to hear it, that must suck.
Yes, unfortunately. Now I am medicated enough that the nightmares don't pop up often, but there are times when Buffalo wakes to me thrashing like that a little still. I wish I had more help for you, but really do try the essential oils, they help so many people...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had round 2 with [insert co name here] today. Went very well, I think. Am also getting heavily recruited by an internal group for the same position. They laid out my growth plan there and it would have me managing a team with 1-2 years, as I'd be coming really senior. They ran my broker background check yesterday, so obviously that's already in motion.

*Almost forgot. Our grass got so cooked that it's all dead. HOA sent their nasty gram, so I need to fix asap. I get to pay for new sod. Glad I can do that before I sell the house...

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Had round 2 with [insert co name here] today. Went very well, I think. Am also getting heavily recruited by an internal group for the same position. They laid out my growth plan there and it would have me managing a team with 1-2 years, as I'd be coming really senior. They ran my broker background check yesterday, so obviously that's already in motion.

*Almost forgot. Our grass got so cooked that it's all dead. HOA sent their nasty gram, so I need to fix asap. I get to pay for new sod. Glad I can do that before I sell the house...
When u sellin'?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So... There's a funnel cloud outside of my office right now. Heading away, about 3 miles away.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Overheard by a friend in a Denver pot store:
customer: "I want something to help with my nightmares"
pot store: "sure. would you want to have more or less?"

:twitch:
pot store:so you wanna get wet...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I got forced off the trail by a group of bro-dudes on Santa Cruz's tonight; balls. They didn't even make an attempt to move.over and forced me into the rhubard.

What happened to sharing? :(

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
So... There's a funnel cloud outside of my office right now. Heading away, about 3 miles away.
I came home from the airport to be greeted by tornado sirens in my neighborhood + phone going nuts with text alerts from the workplace regarding a tornado lockdown. 4:04-4:30 PM, iirc.

In other news, traveling with kids is exhausting. It's the car seats that do it. I have a conference in March on the big island that I'm presenting at and we're still debating whether it's feasible to have the wife + kids tag along (probably with mother in law along for extra kid-assistance, too).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I came home from the airport to be greeted by tornado sirens in my neighborhood + phone going nuts with text alerts from the workplace regarding a tornado lockdown. 4:04-4:30 PM, iirc.

In other news, traveling with kids is exhausting. It's the car seats that do it. I have a conference in March on the big island that I'm presenting at and we're still debating whether it's feasible to have the wife + kids tag along (probably with mother in law along for extra kid-assistance, too).
why they do not do car seat rentals at car rental companies......imagine the killing they could make.

or you could look into hiring a man servant when the parents/inlaws are not available.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
why they do not do car seat rentals at car rental companies......imagine the killing they could make.

or you could look into hiring a man servant when the parents/inlaws are not available.
They do. Most parents don't like renting them. We have a special bag for Haley's seat that has backpack straps. It makes things much easier.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
did not know.

my older brother has made through the first seven years of fatherhood without flying with the tax breaks.
With all of the family in CA, that's not really an option for us. Haley has probably taken 15+ flights.