Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sanity FTW!
U.S. District Court Judge Clay Land has thrown out a complaint questioning the president's birth from an Army captain fighting deployment to Iraq and gave a warning to her lawyer, birther maven Orly Taitz.

Land also put attorney Orly Taitz, who represents Capt. Connie Rhodes and is a leader in the national "birther" movement, on notice by stating that she could face sanctions if she ever files a similar "frivolous" lawsuit in his court.

"(Rhodes) has presented no credible evidence and has made no reliable factual allegations to support her unsubstantiated, conclusory allegations and conjecture that President Obama is ineligible to serve as president of the United States," Land states in his order. "Instead, she uses her complaint as a platform for spouting political rhetoric, such as her claims that the president is 'an illegal usurper, an unlawful pretender, [and] an unqualified imposter.'"

In an interview with Talking Points Memo, Taitz said she would keep fighting if Rhodes wanted to, despite the judge's threat. "Listen, Nelson Mandela stayed in prison for years in order to get to the truth and justice," she said.

In his order, the judge noted that Rhodes had objected only to deployment to Iraq under President Obama, not to serving in the military generally.

Rhodes is not the first soldier to object to overseas deployment on the grounds that Obama is not a legitimate president. Stefan Frederick Cook, a reserve soldier who volunteered for an active duty tour, argued that he should not have to go to Afghanistan for similar reasons to Rhodes. The army revoked his deployment orders.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Citing Mandellas situation as motivation in the great search for truth regarding Obama? Please...

Bet if Shrub (Who ran away from serving in Viet Nam, and wen AWOL from the Air National Guard as part of his cowardice...) was still POTUS she would be right in there slugging it out with Muhammed and Achmed the terrorists...because he was a REAL 'merican...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Seems O rly is a lil miffed with the Judge...... Birther Orly Taitz Compares Self To Mandela, Wants Judge Tried For Treason

"somebody should consider trying [the judge] for treason and aiding and abetting this massive fraud known as Barack Hussein Obama."

"This is so outrageous what this judge did -- it goes in the face of law and order," said Taitz, reached at her office in Mission Viego, CA. "Not every judge is as corrupt as Judge Land. Some judges believe in the Constitution. And some judges believe in the rule of law."
:eek::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Oh snap, she's in Mission Viejo?! I grew up there and currently live just a few miles away.

If I were to protest her office and hold a sign outside, what should it say? What say you RM?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Wikipedia says she did law school via distance learning...over the internet or through the mail. I dont always trust Wiki, but I will take that!

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
HAHA!

Birther leader Orly Taitz has been fined for "wasting the judicial resources" of the Middle District of Georgia with her "frivolous and sanctionable conduct."

Taitz filed a lawsuit demanding that President Obama prove his citizenship before deploying an Army captain to Iraq and Afghanistan. However, the soldier herself has disavowed her lawyer and threatened to file a bar complaint against Taitz.

Judge Clay Land wrote that Taitz's behavior in the case "borders on delusional" and "demonstrates bad faith."

Regrettably, the conduct of counsel Orly Taitz has crossed these lines, and Ms. Taitz must be sanctioned for her misconduct. After a full review of the sanctionable conduct, counsel's conduct leading up to that conduct, and counsel's response to the Court's show cause order, the Court finds that a monetary penalty of $20,000.00 shall be imposed upon counsel Orly Taitz as punishment for her misconduct, as a deterrent to prevent future misconduct, and to protect the integrity of the Court. Payment shall be made to the United States, through the Middle District of Georgia Clerk's Office, within thirty days of today's Order. If counsel fails to pay the sanction due, the U.S. Attorney will be authorized to commence collection proceedings.

In an interview with Talking Points Memo, Taitz said she had no intention of paying the fine. "Are you kidding? Of course not," she said. "This is a form of intimidation."

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Those crazy Californians...

“Barack Obama is a terrible president, and we have to get him out of office by any weird loophole we can make up,” she said on an appearance last summer on the Colbert Report.
Taitz is running against Damon Dunn, an African-American former professional football player. As with Obama, she’s turned to lawsuits to challenge him, arguing that Dunn’s brief time as a registered Democrat in Florida — from his playing days with the Jacksonville Jaguars — disqualifies him from the California ballot and amounts to fraud.

“Our country will turn into a banana republican until we disclose information that is related to voter fraud,” she told POLITICO.
Can't have too many banana republicans...stop you right up...

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
:facepalm: I thought maybe you were making those quotes up. "Banana Republican"? She is as articulate as she is intelligent. *sigh* Paging Desmondo and 3D to the white courtesy telephone.....

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
How much you want to bet the she claims her loss is a conspiracy also?
Orly Taitz, the Israeli émigré and California dentist who has made a name for herself by insisting in court that President Obama is not an American citizen, has lost her effort to become the Republican nominee for California's Secretary of State.

The "birther queen" lost to establishment-backed GOP candidate Damon Dunn, a black Republican businessman and former NFL player who, up until the last presidential election, had never voted.

With 98 percent of California precincts reporting, Dunn trounced Taitz by a margin of almost three to one, with Taitz still netting 365,684 votes.

Before the results were in, Politico spoke to political experts in California who believed that a Taitz win was entirely within the realm of possibility. Sources pointed to Dunn's campaign and wondered if he had done enough to fend off Taitz and her extreme views.

Pointing to early returns that showed Dunn walloping Taitz, The Washington Post's Dave Wiegel wrote that Dunn's efforts appeared to be enough.

Politico's story about Taitz's odds included a telling paragraph about her campaign tactics against Dunn:

Taitz is running against Damon Dunn, an African-American former professional football player. As with Obama, she's turned to lawsuits to challenge him, arguing that Dunn's brief time as a registered Democrat in Florida -- from his playing days with the Jacksonville Jaguars -- disqualifies him from the California ballot and amounts to fraud.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/09/birther-queen-orly-taitz_n_605440.html

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
as noted earlier, i bet orly has a taitz

"flaps down! pull up! pull up!"

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Too crazy, even for the GOP. Hell, they voted for a spook instead of her.

(Most of the GOP that is. For the people who did vote for her, I can only renew my call for death camps. We can have the Israelis run them for us.)

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
So your cool with profiling in certain instances?
News at 11:weee:
Not at all. I'm not in favor of pointing at a mid 50s white asshole in his 5-series and saying "That guy needs to be in a death camp."

What I am doing is saying that if you cast a vote in a political election for someone like Orly Taitz, Adam Keyes, Sarah Palin, etc...then you deserve to be killed. It's totally different.

Not at all. I'm not in favor of pointing at a mid 50s white asshole in his 5-series and saying "That guy needs to be in a death camp."

What I am doing is saying that if you cast a vote in a political election for someone like Orly Taitz, Adam Keyes, Sarah Palin, etc...then you deserve to be killed. It's totally different.

I'm just busting your balls man. But it does sound like your okay with profiling someone if they fit your version of stupidity. Although i agree with you this one is it really all that different?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'm just busting your balls man. But it does sound like your okay with profiling someone if they fit your version of stupidity. Although i agree with you this one is it really all that different?
No, because one is a reaction based on an action, and the other is a hunch based on a profile. I'm not calling for death camps because you might vote for Orly Taitz, I'm calling for death camps because you actually did vote for her :D

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
My favorite :tinfoil: bimbo is back!!!! SCOTUS smack down biiiaatch!!!!

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has upheld a $20,000 fine against a leader of the movement challenging President Barack Obama's citizenship.

The high court on Monday refused to block a federal judge's October 2009 ruling that required California lawyer and dentist Orly Taitz to pay the $20,000 fine for filing a "frivolous" litigation. The judge said Taitz attempted to misuse the federal courts to push a political agenda.

Taitz sued in Georgia federal court on behalf of Army Capt. Connie Rhodes. Rhodes sought to avoid deployment to Iraq by claiming Obama wasn't born in the United States.

Justice Samuel Alito on Monday rejected Taitz's second request to block the sanctions. Justice Clarence Thomas had rejected the request earlier.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/16/birther-queen-orly-taitz_n_683188.html
I still say she's a man, man. :twitch:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
More :tinfoil: in teh news!
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal from a lawyer who has been in the forefront of the challenge to President Barack Obama's citizenship.

The high court on Monday did not comment in refusing to hear the appeal filed by California lawyer and dentist Orly Taitz. She was contesting a $20,000 fine for filing what a federal judge determined was a frivolous lawsuit.

The suit was filed on behalf of Army Capt. Connie Rhodes, who sought to avoid deployment to Iraq by claiming Obama wasn't born in the United States and thus, is ineligible to be president and commander in chief.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/10/supreme-court-rejects-app_1_n_806713.html

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Many LULZ to follow I'm sure.
Orly Taitz is running for U.S. Senate. Taitz, who made a name for herself questioning the veracity of President Obama's birth certificate, will run as a GOP candidate in an effort to unseat Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.).

Taitz, sometimes referred to as the "Birther Queen," told The Daily Caller, "I'm very confident that I'll be able to get the Republican nomination and I will be able to win the general election." She continued, "I'm best known of the candidates who have announced that they are running." The Caller reports that Taitz's campaign "is, perhaps surprisingly, almost entirely focused on economic issues."

The Sacramento Bee reported in September that Taitz, a dentist and attorney in Irvine, CA, was "absolutely" considering a run against Feinstein. "I think I do have a chance specifically because I do speak Spanish and I speak Hebrew," Taitz told the Bee.

This is not Taitz's first attempt to run for public office. In 2010, she attempted to run as the Republican nominee for California Secretary of State. Taitz was defeated for the nomination by former NFL player Damon Dunn.

Taitz has made it something of a mission to prove that Obama is not eligible to be President. She has unsuccessfully attempted to prove in court that Obama's presidency is not legitmate. The description on her own website reads, "World's Leading Obama Eligibility Challenge Web Site."

She also perceives herself as a victim of the mainstream media because, in her words, "I dare to be the only person who brought to court not only the issue of lack of the original birth certificate for Obama (not that piece of garbage he posted on the Internet without the name of the doctor and the name of the hospital), but also the issue of his use of multiple social security numbers, none of which was issued in HI." Taitz elaborates, "I know that sooner or later the truth will be out and my legal efforts will be vindicated and probably will be part of history books."

The White House released Obama's long form birth certificate in April.

Soon after the release of the long form birth certificate, Taitz appeared on MSNBC's "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell" and got into a shouting match with O'Donnell. The host, frustrated that Taitz would not address the release of the document, cut off the interview halfway into the conversation.

Taitz appeared at an Arizona Tea Party meeting in late October with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Arpaio is investigating Obama's birth certificate and explained to the group, "there could be a shock there somewhere that my guys came up with. I can't talk too much about it. It's in the process." Taitz also spoke and received applause from the crowd after talking about her belief that Obama was not born in the U.S.
Orly Taitz Senate Campaign: 'Birther Queen' Running As GOP Candidate For U.S. Senate Seat In California
Sometimes I miss California. :rofl: