Quantcast

~~/o\~~Saturday Watcha Got~~/o\~~

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
12 days straight with zero snow and butt-ass temperatures. Come ski Jackson, it’s gonna be epic!
Sorry, @Nick !
The fat biking is epic, a bunch of KOM’s going down on packed/fast trails. Drifting turns at 15 mph+ is always a Hoot.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

The Purge continues. Some stuff out the door, hoping more this weekend. Of course, no matter how much goes it'll never feel like enough.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Coffee now. Walk with the young DSO in a bit. Rest of day TBD. Local woods are still more a mushy, sloppy mess than I care to ride. Grocery run and cooking somewhere in there. Maybe vacuuming the downstairs. Oh the heady excitement.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just paid money to ride a bike in Michigan in June, it sold out in 5 minutes. I last raced it in 2012...

thumbnail_ATT00006.jpg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Yesterday while out on a long walk with the dogs I found a well kept stroller just off the trail that definitely had something in it but no one was around. It was all covered quite neatly with a blanket. Fortunately when I lifted the blanket it was just full of hobo detritus, but for a minute there I was pretty certain I was about to find a baby and have a really shitty morning.

Oh well, another day, another espresso, and another long walk. I have to go to work tomorrow. :(

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
I has the flu. My body has felt like it’s been slowly consuming itself. Today is actually the first day of five that I feel a slight improvement..All because we had to go visiting with people on Christmas.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Feel better, @Dirtrider .

I struggled though a 10 mile run this morning. It happens. Going to volunteer at the local dog adoption event this afternoon. I'm a "dog handler" and the pup I've been assigned will be my foster if she doesn't get adopted today.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Yesterday while out on a long walk with the dogs I found a well kept stroller just off the trail that definitely had something in it but no one was around. It was all covered quite neatly with a blanket. Fortunately when I lifted the blanket it was just full of hobo detritus, but for a minute there I was pretty certain I was about to find a baby and have a really shitty morning.

Oh well, another day, another espresso, and another long walk. I have to go to work tomorrow. :(
You too huh ? Passed a homeless dude with bike loaded down with junk on my evening walk yesterday. He tossed something on the ground. When I got closer it looked like he was holding a new born baby. Turned out to be a stuffed animal and he was singing to it like a child. The thing he threw on the ground was a diaper. It was used.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave: what a year

@rideit I know man, I get skunked every time I visit JH. Whatever, we'll make the best of it regardless!

Super fun ski day yesterday. Today is tuning waxing, truing wheels for me and a buddy, and setting up new brakes on my bike.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I ordered Haley's new team race suit and a new rib/chest protector. Her current chest protector isn't the best available, so we're moving to that. We're going from the US standard to FIA standard, so up multiple levels. The cost multipliers go with it though... But safety requirements go up as speed goes up. Her race suit should show up by the end of January, so we should be able to get things like her just purchased Sparco suit and the prior rib cage guard onto the market. Just a few days left until I have to go back to work.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida

That feeling when you don't want to deal with shit but it might be a goddam baby.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my friends, I have important news to report:

I had a whole hour of snuggling with my sweet Buna-chan this morning.

in unrelated news I think I’ll watch some more Picard. Finished season 1 and launched into season 2 last night.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well shoot, put the oven on self clean then found out that it shuts off the stove top when in cleaning mode. Had to go fry up some eggs on the range top in the camper.

wife is coming home today from 4 days with her sister in Carmel. Better have the kitchen clean before she shows up. So that said: More Espresso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
don’t be jealous that I’ve been chatting online with babes all day

Some sporty surf on the coastline, and lots of big logs on the beaches, I think I may be able to mill out some more slabs for house projects. Finally got some more goofy wrapping paper originally bought for RMSS, I would say it came a bit late.

In other news,

Found a nifty way to hide a winch on the sooper doodie

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
drank coffee on porch. looked at places to rent to take 13yo and friends skiing. took file cabinets to metal recycling place. put up simple bike hook storage system in garage. maybe ride this afternoon?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Tires for the track toy means lots of stuff going online for sale today. Looking forward to being asked “is this still available?” A thousand times.

Anyone need a bunch of roadie kits/jackets/etc.?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went to the funeral. Hadn't seen some of the family on my mom's side in probably 20 years.

That side comes from farming, so pretty much everyone was in a pickup truck. My car definitely stood out. :rofl:

Maybe a nap now? If I'm allowed to get up, that is; the cat has chosen to sit on me.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tires for the track toy means lots of stuff going online for sale today. Looking forward to being asked “is this still available?” A thousand times.

Anyone need a bunch of roadie kits/jackets/etc.?
Oh... That sounds like somebody got a kart. :D :rockout:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lol, no not yet, but still a strong possibility. I got tires for this thing…

View attachment 205759

I thought (and could be wrong) that you were talking about getting a kart as well?
Switching to Rotax is expensive. Plus what would have been my fun money has transitioned into team & training related expenses. Maybe next year, but Hannah's expenses are going up too with an extra day of gymnastics and possibly another sport.

I did just find out that my parents live 10min from Hill Country Kart Club, which has a Rotax Mini class. So there's the off chance that we might take a week long trip with the kart during a race weekend.