Quantcast

##o## Wake up, dammit Tuesday GMT ##o##

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
mandatory fun here at work. everybody dresses up. ugh
Had the opposite. No one was required, but most people did. and we all had a big lunch together in our boardroom. My "big boss" dressed up as Obi-Wan. It worked out really well, and it was fun. I don't usually like dressing up either. I'm liking this new job.

PBHAS

Chimp
Oct 20, 2017
mmmn coffee...Wife is justifiably stressed. Her cancer surgery is tomorrow at 11am. toe amputation is not her idea of fun, nor mine for that matter. Offered to take her out for dinner tonight.
I'm trying to transmit a hug over the Internet on this one. Yeah, that's creepy but fuck cancer.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I know this will be shocking. Quite shocking. But no one wants my second Tori Amos ticket. Apparently, people find her depressing. I'm glad you're all on my side with this one. I can see all of your heads nodding in agreement with me. It feels nice that you guys have my back.
tori anus is what i always called her back in the day. its not really clever & only mildly amusing & mildly is a stretch.
so yeah.
now back to work fellas!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
She is a dental hygienist, it would be considered a conflict of interest if she gave out candy. :rofl:

We started this a few years ago. The first 2 kids that came by saw chips in the bucket and kept walking. I thought it was going to be a long and painful night. After about an hour, you had kids yelling up the street "they have Doritos!!!"

The wife gives 2 bags to any kid excited about Fritos corn chips. The box of 50 "variety pack" comes with 10 bags of Fritos corn chips and only 4 of the sour cream and onion Lays. :(

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Attn @6thElement

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=45399902&postcount=10895

Looks right up your alley, and amazing. (Except that it would quite literally kill me. I'll stick with the photos.)
Thanks, more riding in SW CO is on the agenda as we didn't make it down there this year and our planned bike packing week closer to here was dropped in favour of 4 days DH at Angel Fire.

I'd be aiming for CO trail up towards Silverton and then likely the Paradox trail over towards Moab.

"Most of the mileage was dirt roads" - such a shame to ride dirt roads when you are literally right IN hundreds of miles of singletrack.

Kinda sounds like the Kokopelli Trail. NTTAWWT.
TANWWT.

Tomorrow is a get.your.shit.together day. Goal is to have van attached to the wheeled hovel at the end of the day in preparation for departure as early as I can manage Thursday morning. Agenda is something like
  • Merli Sarnoski.
  • Troegs.
  • An abandoned section of the Pennsylvania turnpike between Breezewood and Waterfall.
  • Party/bonfire Saturday with Trumpian relatives and their friends.
  • Michaux State Forest
  • Nockamixon
  • Ferncliff Forest

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
<----- this guy gets dumbass of the day award.

For the first time...ever...I seriously overfilled the gas tank in my car. Gas went everywhere. I only noticed when it started splashing on my feet (wearing sandals :rofl:). Idiot!

Then I pulled up to the trail head and somehow left one light at home. The brighter of my two lights. Had the battery, but no light. Derp.

Went riding anyways. Pretty sketched out being on a new bike, with not much light and I also decided to wear the new FiveTen clogs for the first time.

This Scout is going to take some getting used to or some adjustment of some sort. Compared to the Banshee, it feels like it's constantly trying to force me over the front wheel. Maybe raising the fork to 150mm would help? Still have the Same thoughts on the Sram guides; not very confidence inspiring. I like how Shimanos grab immediately, where these things feel pretty lazy at first. Fun bike though, very playful.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I avoided the Halloween crap by riding with a bunch of cute ladies and cool dudes. Plenty of trees down and killer sticks everywhere but bike survived fine, we did around 10 miles. As I am getting more comfy on the new bike, I have serious bouts of uncontrollable grinning.

She is a dental hygienist, it would be considered a smart business plan if she gave out candy.
FTFY

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
She is a dental hygienist, it would be considered a conflict of interest if she gave out candy. :rofl:

We started this a few years ago. The first 2 kids that came by saw chips in the bucket and kept walking. I thought it was going to be a long and painful night. After about an hour, you had kids yelling up the street "they have Doritos!!!"

The wife gives 2 bags to any kid excited about Fritos corn chips. The box of 50 "variety pack" comes with 10 bags of Fritos corn chips and only 4 of the sour cream and onion Lays. :(

in the true spirit of Halloween you should give these out

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bellingham. And nah, just on fuckitimnotgoingtoworktoday.
On my local trail from the house if I did 3 laps I think I could hit 27 miles and 6000 ft (all rideable), your extra mile with another 1000 would be tough to find :D