Quantcast

!!! o0o !!!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fan at the back of the fridge iced up. I turned of the icemaker a few days ago. today I combined the long rigid tube from the shop vac and a blow drier and was able to melt all the ice around the fan. Fridge is quiet again and staying cold like it should

some xt hydros?

It was kind of a joke because they're notorious for missing fluid on a squeeze giving you zero braking when you need it most. I've been holding onto them for a townie bike but if you really want a set, I could put one together. Given how long they've been sitting in a bag I'm sure the seals are useless too.
Those are the brakes that I use. They work for me, bled as required.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
kitsumas too? that's what that is. buddy who runs one has been super happy with it...figured it i didn't get on with it i can probably sell it pretty easily locally...wanted to try air vs. coil...
Not sure about the Kisuma. I had nothing but issues with the IL. Enough so that on my Megatower I went away from CC. I like to support local and all but I also like when my shock doesn’t grenade on a downhill (twice).

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Not sure about the Kisuma. I had nothing but issues with the IL. Enough so that on my Megatower I went away from CC. I like to support local and all but I also like when my shock doesn’t grenade on a downhill (twice).
The IL's were known for issues, iirc. I liked my original db coil on my uzzi...now stop making me nervous! :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The IL's were known for issues, iirc. I liked my original db coil on my uzzi...now stop making me nervous! :rofl:
I ran the IL as an xc shock. When it blew and needed service I paid for the upgrade to the less explodable version.

I also got a shipment from CC today.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I had two inline shocks I never had problems with. On one bike in particular I really liked it. That's also a really old design as this point, that's not what you got.

That's looks like something partially caused by the frame yanking on it at topout or sideloading. Hey dirty, did that shaft break off on the threads?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Does the A20 comes with the DT350? Girlfriend has the A30 with the DT hub.
It looks like you have to jump to the $4000 C50 model to get the DT350. All the rest come with that Sunringle SRC hubs. But at least with a through axle...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Been on a Kitsuma for 6 months or so. I like it but the rebound seems too fast. With a 450 lb spring the HSR is one click from fully closed.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Been on a Kitsuma for 6 months or so. I like it but the rebound seems too fast. With a 450 lb spring the HSR is one click from fully closed.
all those damn shocks twin tube shocks feel like that, even the dirtbike ones

I got steve at vorsprung to install a block off spacer for the HSR circuit that essentially kept the whole circuit closed on a dhx2 a few years ago. Seemed worse on the foxes than the CCs IMO

There was a main piston shim stack that pivot used on their dh bikes that I copied. It made the foxes work way better. I wonder if you could do the same with the CCs

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Fall Semester Concert with local college band today. I have 3 students playing as well as myself and my former student now colleague. Should be a good show. Girls had their first meets of the season and finished strong, taking 2nd place overall for level 8 (Syd) and third place for Alex (level 5). Going to be a busy season with these two.