Quantcast

O4 Z1 Drop Off 2 Fork

ROOTBALL

Chimp
Jan 27, 2003
RDU
Any one have any trouble with an O4 Z1 Drop Off 2 Fork?
Mine seems to have a lot of play (bushing nock) feels like a lose head set. and seems too be getting worse. Only 3 Rides.........
I have not tried to adjust the internal rebound. I have added air for the preload.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Are you using the front brake to rock it back and forth? If so check that your rotor and rotor bolts are tight (mine was loose), also sometimes there is a little play in the brake pads.
Try it again up against a wall. Then turn your front wheel 90 degrees and try rocking again. Have a friend feel for movement by touching fork seal area, headset, brake, etc.

Good luck

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I just bought one right before attending Sea Otter and from what you are explaining I was feeling the same thing, only after letting all the air out of the fork per their suggestion. Here's the dealio . . . . .

I went to the Marzocchi rig and asked tons of questions to see what they suggested on how to run the fork. They explained to me that the main feature of this fork is that it is an "air assist" fork. Meaning that you don't need any air in the fork to use the fork. So they told me to let all the air out and increase pressure as I needed it for personal feel and to prevent from bottoming out. What you are explaining is what I was feeling when there was no air. After bottoming out slightly a few times, I started increasing pressure, and I found about 4-5 lbs to be ideal. The noise is there still, but once you get used to it, it's no big deal. I even took it back to their rig and explained what I was feeling and they told me that was normal.