Quantcast

Oakland Raiders Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
that was a huge game for me, in my other (cash) fantasy league...volek and bennett dominated, and together w/ the 2TD Buffalo defense, beat my opponent; i needed nop one else from my roster. yeah for me, onto the super bowl.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Opeth said:
I'm sorry, I figured with a title like ball sucker you like football, baseball etc. However from the way it sounds you'd rather be sucking on balls than watching sports. Its all cool, I'm glad you're comfortable and open with yourself:thumb: :cool: :p ;)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Still, momentum, confidence, and luck are good things to have going for you this time of year, and they have all three big time right now... If they beat the Steelers in week 17, which is pretty likely, they will be going into the playoffs on a 8 game win streak, and will without a doubt be the hottest team in the league.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Echo said:
Still, momentum, confidence, and luck are good things to have going for you this time of year, and they have all three big time right now... If they beat the Steelers in week 17, which is pretty likely, they will be going into the playoffs on a 8 game win streak, and will without a doubt be the hottest team in the league.
Even if the Bills somehow beat the Steelers, there is no way they could beat the Pats or Colts in the playoffs.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Brian HCM#1 said:
Even if the Bills somehow beat the Steelers, there is no way they could beat the Pats or Colts in the playoffs.
Well I don't really know a dang thing about football anymore... but it seems like the way they are playing right now they could beat anyone.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Echo said:
Well I don't really know a dang thing about football anymore... but it seems like the way they are playing right now they could beat anyone.
The Bills are playing well lately, but the only decent team they have beaten this year is the Jets. Still, winning 7 of their last 8 is damn good, I don't care who you play, and they have scored a LOT of points doing it. I agree that no one wants to play the Bills right now.

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
I'm sorry, I figured with a title like ball sucker you like football, baseball etc. However from the way it sounds you'd rather be sucking on balls than watching sports. Its all cool, I'm glad you're comfortable and open with yourself:thumb: :cool: :p ;)
That was a hell of a stretch for a cutdown, but nice try. Shouldn't you be shining a diamond or something??? :D

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Brian HCM#1 said:
I kinda agree and disagree. I don't know if the Bills can hang with the Colts, but they match up pretty well against the Steelers and Pats. Look at how the Pats and Steelers are built; play tough defense, run the ball, eat up the clock, setup the pass, and put your team in a position to win the game without your qb having to throw 40+ times a game. The Bills are doing that right now, just how the Panthers did it last year. I see the Steelers and Colts going far into the playoffs for sure. I'm still up in the air with the Pats and Eagles. I don't know how long the Pats can survive with the defensive injuries they've had. I know they've survived this season so far, but the Steelers owned them earlier this season, but still... The Eagles? It ALL depends on TO and how well he recovers.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well the pats didn't have dillon (ie, their running game) against the steelers. the steelers have a history of choking in the playoffs. we'll see how they do w/ a rookie QB at the helm.

just heard that terrell owens is gonna have surgery. not good news for eagles fans.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
narlus said:
well the pats didn't have dillon (ie, their running game) against the steelers. the steelers have a history of choking in the playoffs. we'll see how they do w/ a rookie QB at the helm.

just heard that terrell owens is gonna have surgery. not good news for eagles fans.

I just read that myself. I still think my Eagles should win the Superbowl, but the Steelers are deadly. I disagree with Echo that the Bills are the hottest team in the league. How about the Chargers?

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
Are you needed to be rosted by dh girlie about now?
Have a couple of beers and get back to us with something a bit more comprehensible, please.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Okay, both Pats and Steelers had a couple injuries, it's a good thing they play the game.

Eagles: no way they will make it to the SB without Owens. With Owens out, their back Westbrook automatically becomes their best receiver.

Does anyone think Rothlesburger will hit the wall within the next few weeks?

Something about the Falcons just doesn't do it for me, I can't put my finger on it though.

The Chargers secondary will keep em from advancing. Everything else looks really good.

It's a shame Heap was out for so long, imagine what Baltimore's record would be like if Boller had him the entire season.

I really like Sundays, it's the best during the Fall and Winter.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
reflux said:
I've been a Steelers fan for almost 30 yrs, and big Ben has brought a lot of excitement. I think much of what has happened this season has to do w/the "other" (quite substantial) talents on the team working together and supporting BR's efforts. I am worried about the rest of the season though. A supermajority of the Pittsburgh wins this season have been against losing teams. Though they did beat both the Eagles and the Pats, they have had a lot of close games against mediocre teams.

I'm just glad they're kickin' butt, and glad it looks like the playoffs will have some real contention this year. . . not every season offers that kind of excitement.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
reflux said:
Okay, both Pats and Steelers had a couple injuries, it's a good thing they play the game.

Eagles: no way they will make it to the SB without Owens. With Owens out, their back Westbrook automatically becomes their best receiver.

Something about the Falcons just doesn't do it for me, I can't put my finger on it though.

The Chargers secondary will keep em from advancing. Everything else looks really good.

It's a shame Heap was out for so long, imagine what Baltimore's record would be like if Boller had him the entire season.

I really like Sundays, it's the best during the Fall and Winter.

This week, Steelers go against Baltimore, the only team to beat Pittsburgh this year, and the Patriots beat Baltimore, if it comes down to that and if the Steelers lose and Patriots finish with only the one loss, the AFC teams will have to go through Foxboro in the playoffs.