Quantcast

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
you must have a huge wang if you can go hunting and kill a deer with it. :biggrin:
My wang is so big, I don't even have to use it. The deer need only see it and drops dead of fright.

I've posted all of this before, but I grew up where hunting is a religion and we were shooting rifles from a very young age. I understand hunting as an income supplement and guns as simple tools. I can also say that, without exception, every female hunter/gunowner I knew viewed it exactly as such and every male hunter/gunowner viewed it as far FAR more than that. I've got no beef with the right to bear arms, kill your food, and protect your family... but I'd prefer that gunowners just be open about the fact that their motivation includes a healthy dose of "I love guns and I think they're cool and they make me feel powerful and I can often be found stroking mine in a not so subtly sexual manner."

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
and if he had a gun, they'd both shoot blanks.
What makes you think I don't? Just because I don't worship them, obsess about their beauty, and rattle on endlessly about the esoterics of different loads (heh), doesn't mean I'm not an owner.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Here's some folks feeding and protecting their families:

When was the last time you posed smiling for a picture with your home security system?
How many web sites are titled "Strippers and Grocery Stores?"
Do you have a hammer collection, that you share with all of your friends, and is it a fun bachelor party to get together with a whole bunch of different hammers and pound nails into a strip of wood?

Admit it, guns are big, fun, (phallic) toys, and that is a huge factor in you not wanting the government deciding which ones you can and can't own.

edit: after seeing it full size I had to cut a "chicks with guns" pic because of nipple. Seriously, nipple. Try to tell me that there is nothing sexual about your relationship with your guns.

darkoverlord

Chimp
Feb 13, 2009
first off they weren't laying around they were in fact put away and out of sight , but the fact of the matter is that it had to of been someone we knew that knew round about were i kept them to go right to them and not take my 6 guitars, 2 surround sound systems, a bigscreen tv, a whole shelf of dvd's and cd's, not to mention all my other collectors items

as for who it was that took them i have my suspicions but no proof to back up the claim

but we've moved since then (not because we were robbed though, i lost my job and couldn't pay rent)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
oddly, the meaning remains the same when you add "between the sheets", too

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My wang is so big, I don't even have to use it. The deer need only see it and drops dead of fright.

I've posted all of this before, but I grew up where hunting is a religion and we were shooting rifles from a very young age. I understand hunting as an income supplement and guns as simple tools. I can also say that, without exception, every female hunter/gunowner I knew viewed it exactly as such and every male hunter/gunowner viewed it as far FAR more than that. I've got no beef with the right to bear arms, kill your food, and protect your family... but I'd prefer that gunowners just be open about the fact that their motivation includes a healthy dose of "I love guns and I think they're cool and they make me feel powerful and I can often be found stroking mine in a not so subtly sexual manner."
What makes you think I don't? Just because I don't worship them, obsess about their beauty, and rattle on endlessly about the esoterics of different loads (heh), doesn't mean I'm not an owner.
simma down now!!! Just trying to bring some funny to the Friday. I too was raised around guns, and I used to go hunting with my dad. I understand there value as a tool, and that's all they are. I agree there's a bunch of maniacs out there. Guns are good, in moderation. Just like meth.

Story time: when I was growing up, in the summer time my family would go to west virginia to my great grandfathers farm where my dad's side grew up. Mind you, this is like super backwoods stereotype west virginia. The majority of my dad's family now resides in florida. One of his brothers was a cop, so we would all show up with our rifles and make a shooting range in the back field. I have a photo somewhere that we lined up like we were the Hatfields. :D It was just for s&g's.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
And thank you for assuming I'm for stricter gun control Just because I think guns are a penis replacement, doesn't mean I think we should take them away.

AND thank you for missing the opportunity as a LEO for not admonishing someone for not sufficiently locking and securing their firearms. Seriously, what are you priorities here? Dude leaves his AK lying around for the criminals to snatch and you're giving me an (incorrect) hard time about a stance that I don't have that's only tangentially related?

Finally, you really shouldn't blanket gun control under "gun laws." Makes it sound like you're opposed to any law regarding guns. Are you also opposed to "car laws" and "house laws?"
sorry man, when i re-read my post after reading your retort i realized that it came out wrong. i wasn't aiming that at you, just pointing out that you brought up a good point.

and as far as his weapons being stolen. he didn't mention, in his original post, whether or not his weapons were secured in a safe. mine are but i know how easy it is to get into those and i'm not willing to spend several grand on some super secure vault to keep my handful of guns in. there are several officers where i work who have been burglarized and their weapons were stolen from their safe. to me, safes are more of a childproofing measure than a theft deterrent.

and yes, in my haste i stated "gun laws" instead of "gun control laws"..but i think you get the point. i agree with most of the gun control laws in place right now; particularly the possession of firearms by convicted felons (prohibited possessors) laws. felons can't even possess ammunition under North Carolina's law..something that has come in handy several times recently to help get some bad folks off of the street.
but i draw the line at gun/ammo registration and arbitrary restrictions aimed at crippling the gun manufacturers simply because a weapon "looks" militaristic or dangerous.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
I believe in the right to own guns, I just don't believe in the right to kill people with said guns. Gun policy should be more responsible and localized, what works for middle of nowhere Montana doesn't not necessarily work for heavily urbanized areas.

Last edited:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
but i draw the line at gun/ammo registration
I understand the opposition to restriction, but why to registration? Isn't that one of those "if you're not doing anything illegal...." situations?

I'm trying to remember your stance on wiretapping...

We register cars. Are you opposed to that as well?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
We register cars. Are you opposed to that as well?
recall for me please the process for registering cars, or anything else for that matter. multiply that for the number of guns someone might own. and then apply this to the greater appalachian region.

i would think yet another line to stand in would be enough to resist its inception.

register the person, with a default setting of "allowed to possess", which can be forfeited for any number of reasons, to include allowing someone to live in their home with a "not allowed to possess" setting

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
register the person, with a default setting of "allowed to possess", which can be forfeited for any number of reasons, to include allowing someone to live in their home with a "not allowed to possess" setting
If you can't tie a serial number (or better, a bullet fingerprint) for a specific firearm to a person, there's no point in registering.

Yeah, lines suck, but you can facilitate self-reporting of serial numbers and penalties for non-compliance while making sure all new guns sold at registered at point of purchase.

Let's deal with the principle first before we start cutting down a hypothetical implementation.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
If you don't have the patience to wait in line for gun registration, you don't have the patience to own a gun, plain and simple.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
If you don't have the patience to wait in line for gun registration, you don't have the patience to own a gun, plain and simple.
it's my founding right to both be anti-social & tote gunz.

can you imagine a waiting room full of carriers? and what use is a gun if it's unloaded? and would it then follow that anything that's concealable & lethal be registered? i'm obviously thinking knives, hammers, rope, pipes, screwdrivers, metal bars, malcom x's mind, & ball gags

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
and would it then follow that anything that's concealable & lethal be registered?
Do you register your dirt bike? Your golf cart? I didn't think so.

Maybe if you cover your naked body in Crisco and get a running start you can make it down that slippery slope, but as it is you're stuck at the top with some nasty road rash.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
it's my founding right to both be anti-social & tote gunz.

can you imagine a waiting room full of carriers? and what use is a gun if it's unloaded? and would it then follow that anything that's concealable & lethal be registered? i'm obviously thinking knives, hammers, rope, pipes, screwdrivers, metal bars, malcom x's mind, & ball gags
A firearm is a killing machine, it's sole purpose is to kill. A knife is a tool, and so on.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Your entitled to your opinion but take HST off your avitar, he loved guns more than anything.
What part of firearms are made to kill do you or Hunter S Thompson disagree with? What else are they made to do?

Be really really fun?

Understanding they were made for a very specific function doesn't mean that you're against them. Will you be upset if I say "tazers were made for the sole purpose of tazing people?" How about "mousetraps are made for the sole purpose of killing small rodents?"

What part of firearms are made to kill do you or Hunter S Thompson disagree with? What else are they made to do?

Be really really fun?

Understanding they were made for a very specific function doesn't mean that you're against them. Will you be upset if I say "tazers were made for the sole purpose of tazing people?" How about "mousetraps are made for the sole purpose of killing small rodents?"
Be a subject of conversation so someone can inject their spoon-fed rebuttal Whom it was not intended to in the first place?

Oh my sides hurt!:confused:

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
Your entitled to your opinion but take HST off your avitar, he loved guns more than anything.
You would think that I just finished advocating for a universal gun ban, you should probably re-read my posts.

HST said:
I think George Washington owned guns. I've never seen any contradiction with that. I'm not a liberal, by the way. I think that's what's wrong with liberals. I believe I have every right to have guns. I just bought another huge weapon. A lot of people shouldn't own guns. I should. I have a safety record. Guns are a lot of fun out here.

Last edited:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Whom it was not intended to in the first place?
Welcome to the forum. Maybe in the future you can try a private message if you don't want others reading and responding to your ideas.

Ignoring (but not) your butchering of the object "whom," how can a question be a rebuttal? ****, I even gave you half an answer to the question. Perhaps you should stop shadow boxing, and try having a discussion in this here discussion forum.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Do you have a hammer collection, that you share with all of your friends, and is it a fun bachelor party to get together with a whole bunch of different hammers and pound nails into a strip of wood?
Heh.

Yeah......uh

Funny you mention that.........heh heh.......cuz well

I mean you know

It's just kind of fun.

Wait, that's a euphemism involving roofies right?

I protect my family with skis.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
By state New York has one of the lowest per capita gun death rates despite having a large number of crappy ass cities. They require a license to own any handguns. All handguns are registered to the licensee. T

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-death-rate-per-100-000
i'm not talking about handgun registration. i'm referring to national gun registration where every gun-owning citizen would have to file a form for every gun they own. i'm all for the current restrictions on handguns, if you need a pistol RIGHT NOW then you really shouldn't have one. i am just vehemently opposed to the feds knowing exactly what weapons i have in my home because if the government ever becomes the enemy (read, initial purpose of 2nd ammendment) i don't want them having that much intel on me.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
HST said:
I think George Washington owned guns. I've never seen any contradiction with that. I'm not a liberal, by the way. I think that's what's wrong with liberals. I believe I have every right to have guns. I just bought another huge weapon. A lot of people shouldn't own guns. I should. I have a safety record. Guns are a lot of fun out here.
i'm so glad you posted this defenstrated. it has given me tens of minutes of laughter. it's not often you'll find some fool so widely praised for his wisdom who hangs himself with his own petard.

metaphorically speaking, of course, as his weapon of choice was a handgun

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
He shot himself due to a combination hatred for his old age and frustration with the outcome of the 2004 election, not on accident.

Or were you referring to something I didn't catch.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
suicidal tendencies don't normally have an element of mental stability associated with it. for this reason alone he shouldn't have been near a weapon. especially with his family nearby.

if he really wanted an intense experience, he should have stuck it out a few years & bathe in the arrival of The One.