Quantcast

Obama craps on the police...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
no really.

http://www.policelink.com/news/26729-obama-uses-police-memorial-for-porta-potties

PORTLAND, OR – Police officers in Portland, Oregon, are still waiting for an apology from Barack Obama after campaign staffers of his recent rally in Portland, Oregon, setup porta potties directly on top of the Portland Police Memorial, which honors the agency’s 25 fallen police officers.
Officer Thomas Brennan, who was working overtime at the rally, took a picture of the offending toilets, with the American flag still at half mast because of Police Officers Memorial Day, directly behind them. The local law enforcement memorial service had been held at the site only five days earlier.

wow...you'd think his campaign staff would have a little more common sense and respect. "hey...look, a flag at half mast with a granite monument at the base of it...let's put the crappers here!"

i seriously doubt obama had anything to do with the placement of the crappers but i wonder...would he care if he did know about it?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
no really.

http://www.policelink.com/news/26729-obama-uses-police-memorial-for-porta-potties

wow...you'd think his campaign staff would have a little more common sense and respect. "hey...look, a flag at half mast with a granite monument at the base of it...let's put the crappers here!"

i seriously doubt obama had anything to do with the placement of the crappers but i wonder...would he care if he did know about it?

The organizer said it was the only level place in the venue and apologized.

It was a sh!ty setup, for sure.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
The organizer said it was the only level place in the venue and apologized.

It was a sh!ty setup, for sure.

Despite a large amount of open areas in the vicinity, the campaign staffers claimed the toilets were placed on the memorial for safety reasons to accommodate wheelchair access.
not the only "level place", just the most convenient place for the organizers.

having worked these kind of events, i know that the delegate really has no clue what they're walking into so i can't really place the blame on obama....but he chose his staffers right?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So the staffers put the porta jons there? Or did the company just drop them someplace like they normally do without much input from anyone?
When you look at the setup, it's obvious that it was where the company put them. It was far from ideal, but there really aren't too many options based on where it was held.

There were a lot of pissed off people, but they have been over it for a while now. It takes a while for news to spread east, I guess.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What was worse manimal is nobody knew it was a police memorial until someone pointed out where the sh!tter was.

The complaint wasn't filed until AFTER it was seen on the news the following day. At least now people know what the big brick area is for (and not for potty placement).

<edit> For the record, Obama didn't use the portable facilities during his visit here.

Last edited:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
not the only "level place", just the most convenient place for the organizers.

having worked these kind of events, i know that the delegate really has no clue what they're walking into so i can't really place the blame on obama....but he chose his staffers right?
Having been a project manager for hundreds of corporate and political events, I can say with fair certainty that Obama AND his staffers had no idea.

The company who was hired to do the event is in charge of the vendors. They fvcked up.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Having been a project manager for hundreds of corporate and political events, I can say with fair certainty that Obama AND his staffers had no idea.

The company who was hired to do the event is in charge of the vendors. They fvcked up.
hey! who told you that you could bring reality into my "obama is a communist" campaign! ;)