Quantcast

Obama projected to win in Iowa (says ABC)

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
The world order is fixed and has been since WWII. Mark my word, Billary, Billary, Billary showing in 2009. The rest is just drama to keep the masses happy and feel empowered. It's all just an illusion the people in control promote to make us feel like we have some control.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

RESULTS:

D: Obama 37.53; Edwards 29.88; Clinton 29.41
R: Huckabee 34; Romney 25; Thompson 14; McCain 13%; Paul 10%

Headshot to Hillary!

w00t!!11

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I suppose the Ron Paul supporters can go home now.

When you poll 4% lower than a guy who doesn't even give a **** about winning, your goose is cooked...

I have a question for Huckabee supporters: Do you think he would have pardoned that rapist if he was gay?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Very interesting. Hillary will be looking hard at New Hampshire.

Fack though, Huckabee - what an asshole. He needs to not win anymore. Don't people learn?

To that 34% of Iowa::stosh:

:disgust1:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
1. This was the IOWA caucus, not the American caucus. If you noticed the crowds around the politicians the last 2 months, ain't exactly a good representation of the nation.

2. Rarely, like once, has a candidate that won Iowa gone on to get the party nomination

3. Bible thumping white people live in Iowa, any surprise they picked a preacher? Plus, those people don't like bossy white women either, that's why Edwards made such a showing. Can't explain why they liked Obama other than the youthful change the world attitude reminded the boomers of Camelot. That and he's from neighboring Illinois. And spent 9 million dollars campaining there....oh and Oprah.

4. Did anybody by chance watch the caucus live on C-span?? If you did, then you see what a clusterfvck the whole process is. I've seen high schools elect homecoming queens with better orginization and democratic process than that crap.

In other words, we learned nothing except we narrowed the field a bit by losing Dodd and Biden and they're going to kiss Hillary's ass to get a cabinet seat.

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin

RESULTS:

R: Huckabee 34; Romney 25; Thompson 14; McCain 13%; Paul 10%
Here is the link to the official GOP results:
http://www.iowagop.net/

In the coverage I've been reading, Iowa is a deeply religious state so it isn't surprising that Huckabee and Romney scored the lion's share of primary votes.

The next three are close enough that they seem tied for third to me, but regardless, I'd call 5th a pretty impressive showing for someone the media continues to ignore.

In the upcoming FAUX NH debate (forum, whatever) they claimed they only had room for 5 candidates, so does this mean that now Paul gets a seat? :lighten:

I thought I heard Thompson say that if he didn't take 2nd in Iowa he was dropping out of the race. So does this mean that Paul finished 4th? Sweet.

Most importantly, Transcend can stop talking about Paul's 2% national polling numbers... 10% baby! 10%!

Off to New Hampshire, the "live free or die" state. How do you think Ron Paul's message of liberty and freedom will play there?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
If we elect another right wing nutjob, I may have to seriously ponder the meaning vow I took about "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic".

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If we elect another right wing nutjob, I may have to seriously ponder the meaning vow I took about "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic".
I chuckled.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

why do you hate democracy so much?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
the main problem with the party primary system now days is that the candidates must pander to the hardcore denizens who are active in campaigns long before the mainstream member even give a sh!t since they are the ones who generally care enough to even bother vote in a primary.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california