Quantcast

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
messiah hussein al-masri obama said:
"I personally would want to see our tragic history, or the tragic elements of our history, acknowledged," the Democratic presidential hopeful said.

"I consistently believe that when it comes to whether it's Native Americans or African-American issues or reparations, the most important thing for the U.S. government to do is not just offer words, but offer deeds."
so would he cut a check to himself?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's funny. I think we owe it to African-Americans. I guess you don't think highly of blacks.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
the conflict of interest is with the jews, Barack being a Hebrew word. The Muslim scare is to throw us all off of the real trail.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
That's funny. I think we owe it to African-Americans. I guess you don't think highly of blacks.
what do you mean 'we' heyboy? your folks were building railroads when my folks were bidding on the strong-backed.

don't try & ninja my white guilt

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I don't owe descendants of slaves **** the way I see it. My family wasn't even across the pond until way after the civil war, so I fail to see how I should be burdened to pay for other peoples' mistakes.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't owe descendants of slaves **** the way I see it. My family wasn't even across the pond until way after the civil war, so I fail to see how I should be burdened to pay for other peoples' mistakes.
:stupid:

But I also feel the same way about paying for a war I'd rather us not fight, too.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
:stupid:

But I also feel the same way about paying for a war I'd rather us not fight, too.
...and public funding for abortions
...and tax breaks for faith-based initiatives
...and the burden on our economy/infrastructure from illegal immigrants
...and social security we'll probably never see...

...and...

suck it up, whitey

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yeah, abortions are a good investment IMO. A one-time fee vs. a lifetime of welfare payments. Hm... which would I choose?

Edit: And have you noticed how the poor tend to breed? They're like fies. You end up paying way less when they're not exponentially multiplying.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
maybe a sliding scale which is matched by personal assets? the less you have, the more you get. just have to work around the diminishing return law.

it's all about offering choices

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
In America it is okay to give tax breaks to the rich and allow corporations to exploit foreign lands, but when someone mentions giving to minorities and the poor, people flip a bitch.

The great irony?

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I think his real conflict of interest with America is his direct affiliation with Zbigniew
He's hanging with Brezinsky? Not good.

what do you mean 'stole'..??

whitey paid for it with a few glass trinkets, liquor and some small pox.
Daum honky, you're blazin in this thread!

It's not like the current administration hasn't been basically giving payouts to rich white people.
I'd rep you for that, but I hate you fags too much.

In America it is okay to give tax breaks to the rich and allow corporations to exploit foreign lands, but when someone mentions giving to minorities and the poor, people flip a bitch.

The great irony?
Don't forget all the billions going to Israel every year. I thought Germany had paid their reparations already so that they wouldn't need your help (but still they gave Israel a brand new submarine the other year)..

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
he just wants better schools, not 40 acres and a donk.

Holy crap, has your parliament not apologized for slavery and the extermination of indians yet?

The House voted this week to apologize for slavery. The resolution, which was approved on a voice vote, does not mention reparations, but past opponents have argued that an apology would increase pressure for concrete action.
Taking questions Sunday at a conference of minority journalists, Obama said he would be willing to talk to American Indian leaders about an apology for the nation's treatment of their people.
As remarcable and sick that I find this it makes me wonder if Sweden (and Finland, Norway and Russia too BTW) has apologized for the extermination of 100.000 Same/Lapplanders during the turn of last century. Things like this shows the sickness of our system like few other things.

One reparations advocate, Vernellia Randall, a law professor at the University of Dayton, bluntly responded: "I think he's dead wrong."

She said aid to the poor in general won't close the gaps — poor blacks would still trail poor whites, and middle-class blacks would still lag behind middle-class whites. Instead, assistance must be aimed directly at the people facing the after-effects of slavery and Jim Crow laws, she said.

"People say he can't run and get elected if he says those kinds of things," Randall said. "I'm like, well does that mean we're really not ready for a black president?"
Dunno if direct or indirect help is the best, but she's got some good points.

tmtrebor

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008

The great irony?

Do you want to know why??? It's simple really. The top 5 percent (in terms of income) in the US pay 53.8 percent of the total taxes.
The people in the top 50 percent of the income bracket pay 94 percent of income taxes.
The lower 50 percent (half of the united states) pay only 6 percent in taxes.

Please tell me how this is fair?? Welfare breeds stupidity and laziness. Why not force drug tests for welfare?? Force jobs for welfare?? There are reasons bro, it's not all a government conspiracy.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Do you want to know why??? It's simple really. The top 5 percent (in terms of income) in the US pay 53.8 percent of the total taxes.
The people in the top 50 percent of the income bracket pay 94 percent of income taxes.

Please tell me how this is fair?? Welfare breeds stupidity and laziness. Why not force drug tests for welfare?? Force jobs for welfare?? There are reasons bro, it's not all a government conspiracy.
The rich work hard for their money, if only poor people would pick themselves up by their bootstraps and do something for themselves, then maybe they wouldn't be poor. Being poor is a choice, if people are too lazy and stupid to succeed in today's economic environment, then they don't deserve the lifestyle of the rich. There are plenty of options like getting a better job, a better education, putting in some extra effort besides just getting by.

Last edited:

tmtrebor

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
The rich work hard for their money, if only poor people would pick themselves up by their bootstraps and do something for themselves, then maybe they wouldn't be poor. Being poor is a choice, if people are too lazy and stupid to succeed in today's economic in environment, then they don't deserve the lifestyle of the rich and famous. There are plenty of options like getting a better job, a better education, putting in some extra effort besides just getting by.
I totally agree. I was replying to the poster who stated that "its perfectly ok to give rich white people tax breaks, but not ok to give money to the poor" there is one thing behind this idea that there is no reason to succeed. Welfare. Giving people money for doing nothing is NOT an ok thing. It is their fault they didnt try in school. Not everyone who goes to college starts off rich, if this were true college wouldn't be an option for anyone. My grandfather grew up in the Cincinnati ghetto, was the 10th of 13 kids, and his parents didn't speak english. He had to wear clothes that were passed down 9 times, worked 2 jobs, and finished college. He then went to med school and became a doctor. Now he is rich. That's how it works, you work hard, dont have 50 kids and 30 baby daddys, and dont dwell on "The white man is holding me down."

People like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton piss me off to no end. They do nothing to better society.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
People like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton piss me off to no end. They do nothing to better society.
Me too! They don't realize that instead of helping black people by encouraging them to be less lazy and have less crotch dropplings, they enforce the ideas of a free ride and that there is still racism today in the US. The Civil Rights Act makes it illegal to discriminate by race, maybe they should learn more about U.S history!

And hey, I was discriminated against in middle and high school, and I lived through it, maybe they should learn how to keep their chin up.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Except what 75% of Americans hear is REVERSE RACISM ON WHITEY
Why? I fail to see what you see is racist about her comment.

And you are one of those 95% guys who want to be "solidaric" with the rich 5% and pay for the part that they pay for you? Now have they succeded in unsing their media aparatus to make a tool out of you? Great, they've got you working towards an even more injust system that feeds those who already have too much than they can eat. :bonk:

Who said that mega coorporate media suports the interests of others than their wealthy bosses? WHO DEM?

tmtrebor

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
Why? I fail to see what you see is racist about her comment.

And you are one of those 95% guys who want to be "solidaric" with the rich 5% and pay for the part that they pay for you? Now have they succeded in unsing their media aparatus to make a tool out of you? Great, they've got you working towards an even more injust system that feeds those who already have too much than they can eat. :bonk:

Who said that mega coorporate media suports the interests of others than their wealthy bosses? WHO DEM?
Actually your statement makes absolutely no sense. But now that I see "trippin" as your state, I made the connection ;).

Let me explain to you, in words you might understand, why I posted that. I was replying to a person who basically stated that giving tax breaks to the rich is the same as giving money to the poor, and that it was ironic that when people mention giving money to the poor people freak out.

I then decided I would show why taxbreaks to the rich are OK, while giving money (basically tax breaks as they are not going to pay taxes on this free money) to the poor is not. I did not once say I wanted money back, wanted to pay the extra taxes, or anything in between (which somehow you assumed). Lay off the acid.

And while were on the topic... Would you pay me money out of your pocket for doing absolutely nothing?? And do you support drug testing for welfare??

Last edited:

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008

Have you ever thought that the top 5% are simply better and smarter than the 95% below them? Why should they be dragged down by the poor and weak?

Actually your statement makes absolutely no sense. But now that I see "trippin" as your state, I made the connection ;).

Let me explain to you, in words you might understand, why I posted that. I was replying to a person who basically stated that giving tax breaks to the rich is the same as giving money to the poor, and that it was ironic that when people mention giving money to the poor people freak out.

I then decided I would show why taxbreaks to the rich are OK, while giving money (basically tax breaks as they are not going to pay taxes on this free money) to the poor is not. I did not once say I wanted money back, wanted to pay the extra taxes, or anything in between (which somehow you assumed). Lay off the acid.

And while were on the topic... Would you pay me money out of your pocket for doing absolutely nothing?? And do you support drug testing for welfare??
It is nice to hear a voice of reason on these boards! Give tax breaks to the people that will most effectively use it. In fact, we should be giving welfare money to people that earn over 1 million dollars a year.

Edit: They know how to reinvest it in the American economy effectively and efficiently, as well as building up their businesses. The money that is given to the rich will flow down throughout the economy, creating a stronger, more robust economy for all of America.

Last edited:

tmtrebor

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
It is nice to hear a voice of reason on these boards! Give tax breaks to the people that will most effectively use it. In fact, we should be giving welfare money to people that earn over 1 million dollars a year.
Well, to be honest, I used to be like some of the posts I've been reading, but I eventually started growing up and paying attention to my surroundings. I've met a lot of people and done a lot of things, so I'm pretty sure I have a solid argument on most topics. I would love to see a breakdown of where welfare funds go related to where they are supposed to go. I bet we would see a large amount go towards Nike and the local crack house rather than food for their family and essentials.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
I would love to see a breakdown of where welfare funds go related to where they are supposed to go. I bet we would see a large amount go towards Nike and the local crack house rather than food for their family and essentials.
By giving money straight to Nike, it would probably be much more efficient than the 75% that inevitably go to crack houses. But all the pinkos on this board disagree with it because they are pro-drugs :)

Welfare is like water, if you give it to the bottom, it takes a lot to flood it before it even affects the middle class. If the waterfall starts at the top, everyone reaps the benefit for a lot less water.

Monkey
did someone hack his/her/its account?
:brow:
The rich work hard for their money, if only poor people would pick themselves up by their bootstraps and do something for themselves, then maybe they wouldn't be poor. Being poor is a choice, if people are too lazy and stupid to succeed in today's economic environment, then they don't deserve the lifestyle of the rich. There are plenty of options like getting a better job, a better education, putting in some extra effort besides just getting by.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You want to blow your money, not save for the future? Go for it. I'm not going to bail you out. Bring back bankruptcy laws that make it PAINFUL to go bankrupt. If you can't afford what you have, you should not have bought it.
You want to be on welfare? Fine. Mandatory birth control, mandatory drug testing, if you have a child >9 months after being on welfare, lose your welfare. People need to be held responsible for their actions.

www.fairtax.org
You want things to be fair? Eliminate the current tax model and institute a fair tax based on consumption. Taxation should be based on consumption, those who spend the most, contribute the most. My income and what I do with it are my choices to deal with. I bust my ass, save 30%+ only to have 30% of my income taken away to fund people who breed themselves onto wellfare. **** that. Get a job, live somewhere cheaper, stop taking drugs. If you can eat yourself to 400lbs and out of the ability to work, you can deal with it. Again, not my problem.

Race is not a problem here. It's being used as an excuse. There are jobs, you just need to want to work. How is it that 10mm+ illegal immigrants can find employment in this country, but 7% of citizens can't? It's called being lazy. The immigrant wants the job that can feed his family, no matter what it is. Picking fruit? It pays. Cleaning houses? It pays.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
your like a walking human rights violation
I've been poor. I've lived in a car. I was in the bottom 20% at one point in my life. I wanted more and felt guilty about accepting that check, so I didn't. I busted my ass, got a job, and now a contributing member of society.

It's all about your decisions. You can feel bad for the guy down the street who lost his job, needs welfare, etc. But you know what? There is a reason why he lost his job. IF you don't learn that you aren't doing the right thing and that you need to start working harder, so you can keep your job and move up in life, you need to deal with it. Your lack of work ethic is not my problem.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
You want to blow your money, not save for the future? Go for it. I'm not going to bail you out. Bring back bankruptcy laws that make it PAINFUL to go bankrupt. If you can't afford what you have, you should not have bought it.
You want to be on welfare? Fine. Mandatory birth control, mandatory drug testing, if you have a child >9 months after being on welfare, lose your welfare. People need to be held responsible for their actions.
There was a time when there was debtors prison, we need to bring it back. Anyone can go bankrupt and it is like "okay, now would you like a second loan?". In America, there should be no free rides for those that are too stupid to be rich.

The rich are being unfairly discriminated against for the sole fact that they are rich. If the poor are too stupid and lazy to survive, then why should we be holding them up. This is a survival of the fittest.

It brings me to a point, we have an overpopulation problem, and a pool of stupid people breeding a more stupid humans. If we want to help the human race be smarter, we should institute a baby tax. If you have a baby, $3000 a year mandatory tax. If you are too poor to pay that, your baby is given to the state, and you are sent to debtors prison so you can learn how to work hard and save up money, then you can go free once you have worked off your debt.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
Now that the bleeding in my brain has ceased it is all clear to me now, the reason that 80% of the country owns about 16% of its wealth is because 243.76 million (Two hundred forty three point seventy six million) people are lazy and do not work hard enough.

I will shut up now that I have seen the light.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin

Stop it, I'm the one on acid here (and I make a Jedi sweep with my hand in front of your eyes and tell you to go home and rethink your life).