Quantcast

Obama's New Spanish Language TV Ad Es Erróneo

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
too bad they chose to use a deceiving premise to get that across; kind of distracting, no?
yeah, they should have checked their facts first, but factories moving from the U.S to Canada/China/Mexico is a fairly common thing, and they could have used a lot of other examples. The main difference I see is that the situation does occur and it isn't stretching the truth, just the example they used was false.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
i beg to differ sir ohio. from my experience as the middle of the road conservative in an extreme left environment, i was often not-allowed to bring up any points for debate because my life experience as a marine and cop voided me of having a legitimate opinion in the classroom. for instance, in a course on restorative justice i was cut off when i brought up the fact that i am a cop assigned to the projects where i see, in real life, what these people are faced with. i was told that my opinion was biased and therefore void because i had brought up a side of the argument that the professor was unwilling to deal with. my arguments weren't some kind of right wing rhetoric either, just observations i have made while working amongst the very demographic we were discussing..something the professor has never done, in any capacity.
that was just one of several occurrences where the faculty's assumption that i was a right wing nutjob because of my profession and military past that i was not given any respect in classroom debates. the younger students would even bring up the fact that they wanted to hear what i had to say.
to sum up. i do feel that these professors are attempting to "indoctrinate" our youth with their world view. I learned a lot about the oppressive systems at work in this country by attending this school but i also learned that, at least where i attend, contradictory points of view and facts are not welcome. being liberal and "open-minded" is only acceptable if your mind is open in their direction.
oh well, i go back in january to finish my last 4 classes and i'm out of that quaker looney-bin forever.
You should go in your full dress uniform for every class. Mix it up with your full swat outfit.

This is a good question whether it is an out-of-touch teacher or a system wide slant.

But I suppose most people in any organization tend to follow with the pack. I know a lot of cops would not step out of line political.