Quantcast

Obnoxious ads

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am trying to be positive and support this site by allowing ads, but this is getting borderline too much.

Annoying auto-play videos, large patterns with bright colors make it very hard to open this site in an office environment. I assume the admins cannot control the ad content but can anything be done to tune this down a notch?

upload_2018-11-20_10-40-42.png

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Responsible Blocker is my choice, it still allows some ads but not the FU in your face ones.

I ended up purchasing Reverence from the Microsoft store of all places last night, not sure why the store was running on my laptop and on the Reverence but I saw the ad here so I figured it must be okay.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And at least it's green. IMO, RM should only advertise green stuff.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'll report it, but honestly I get basically no input into this other than, "my users are complaining, can you please stop?"

I appreciate your attempts to avoid blocking ads. I have an ad blocker installed, and I whitelist sites that I allow to serve ads. If I'd recommend just removing RM from the whitelist as long as the annoying ad is there, and checking again in a couple weeks (usually these campaigns aren't too long).