Quantcast

Obsessing over another group....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
The nice thing is that there is a lot of talent out there, so discovery of some screaming Fvcking metal has some good pickin's lately....

This weeks obsessive play list:

Killswitch Engage

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I have no idea what this post is about... at all... in the least....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
how about something a bit more 'twee'?

the new Belle & Sebastian release _The Life Pursuit_ is pretty damn great...i kinda thought they lost the plot since _The Boy With The Arab Strap_ but this is a strong record through and through.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:

the new Belle & Sebastian release _The Life Pursuit_ is pretty damn great...i kinda thought they lost the plot since _The Boy With The Arab Strap_ but this is a strong record through and through.
Wow, there is one bad I know who you listen to!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
alive or just breathing is a seriously incredible album. i've seen them a few times live, great show. not so hot on the new singer guy though...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
corey_dcstreet said:
alive or just breathing is a seriously incredible album. i've seen them a few times live, great show. not so hot on the new singer guy though...
I love that guitar tone...I especially love guitar harmonies done in 4ths, gives it that "dark" very melodic sound. Very addicting, listen and playing wise...

No opinion on the singers as of yet...

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
sirknight6 said:
The nice thing is that there is a lot of talent out there, so discovery of some screaming Fvcking metal has some good pickin's lately....

This weeks obsessive play list:

Killswitch Engage
Check out Diecast as well. Only their new album though. "Tearing Down Your Blue Skies."

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:

I agree but this is a great release from them... I haven't heard the whole thing yet, but the first 3 tracks I have heard are great.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
narlus said:

Not even funny....:mumble:

:D

J

JRB

corey_dcstreet said:
one of the guitarists looks EXACTLY like oswald from the drew carey show. it's creepy.

What's scary is that you knew where and how to find a pic of that dude.

J

JRB

corey_dcstreet said:
what, like you don't have a folder marked "Obscure Television Personality Headshots" on your desktop... :P
I do, but I keep chicks in mine. :eviltongu

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
narlus said:
so do you only listen to "loud and dark" stuff, or does simple pop also have a space in yr collection?
I pretty much listen to a wide range, including classical, classic rock, Celtic, new age, Christian rock, Christian metal, Christian contemporary, jazz, progressive rock/metal (Fates Warning'ish), Motown, Do-wop, some classic country, and I really enjoy Big band and swing bands, new and old alike.

Pop music and Rap is not something I genuinely like to listen too. That of course does not make it bad, it simply means I my self do not care for it, however, every now and again one or two will strike me every now and again.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
'pop' in my terms could be different from joe schmoes. i'd say pop could include B&S, go-betweens, pernice brothers, game theory, let's active, dBs, shoes, etc...pretty much just melodic music based on the typical rock (voc/gtr/bass/drums) format. but you won't hear any of the above on pop radio. :think:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
narlus said:
'pop' in my terms could be different from joe schmoes. i'd say pop could include B&S, go-betweens, pernice brothers, game theory, let's active, dBs, shoes, etc...pretty much just melodic music based on the typical rock (voc/gtr/bass/drums) format. but you won't hear any of the above on pop radio. :think:
yeah, I know what your sayin. Some of what I've heard that is considered "hip" or "cool" or "in", was either folky sounding or a version of power pop, or a combination thereof...

One my friends is in such a group, and is actually becoming quite successful. Conshafter.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
narlus said:

OK, what would you consider this...and I'm asking for an honest assessment too...

I think the singing really could use some improvement if not a new singer....

http://www.winds-change.com/resurection_day.mp3