Quantcast

Obtainium, do they still make springs?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
it now seems DSP will not have springs for the foreseeable future until they have a new supplier. they dont even have a MTB page anymore

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
it now seems DSP will not have springs for the foreseeable future until they have a new supplier. they dont even have a MTB page anymore
They don't?

DSP Racing. Home of the best Ti springs on the market. :-)

*Edit. Called and talked to Fadi. New supplier has been found, busy trying to move old stock first, and new webpage is still under development. Ti springs should be available in all common strokes/weights by the start of the racing season. 2 weeks? :-)

Last edited:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I will say there is something in the works as a new supplier of Ti springs in the near future. At this time a company (X) is talking to a large spring producer here on the East Coast. They make everything from small to very large springs in Steel, Ti, and Carbon. As soon as I know more I will post it up.

Cecil

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i guess so as well. kinds sucks for people looking for springs, but in a way it is an indication of a healthy company in that they aren't trying to dump inventory left and right to make bills.
my buddy has been looking everywhere for a spring in he size/rate he needs and only RCS has them in stock right now. he has a call into Nukeproof too

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Obtainium website is gone from the face of the intrawebs,guess that's the end of Obtainium.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Does anyone have the Obtainium adapters to run an Obtainium spring on a Cane Creek DB?

HELP!!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Really? I thought they worked on Avalanche too. I guess Ill have to measure it when I get home. Thanks.

Where can you buy them online?

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Well, I haven't found any adaptors, but I think my old ones will work with some filing.

woffa04

Chimp
Jul 10, 2005
Australia
Anyone have one yet? I'm getting one shipped down under this week and they've said it has the same short free length, low turn count and wide ID's like the old ones:D

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Buyer beware, I don't think these are the same Obtainium springs of old. Pretty sure they're just getting (relatively) cheap and heavy springs made the same way ti-springs.com / sprungloaded / etc are doing. There's also a waiting time to "obtain" the spring which reaffirms that this is just a reseller that places their order after you've placed yours.

This new Obtainium.ca says the weight of a 300x3.0 is 430g. My original-recipe Obtainium 300x3.0 weighs 259g. Not sure if they made a mistake, but if not, that's terrible.

The best springs in my book are Progressive, DSP and Manitou in terms of weight for a measured stroke length. The original Obtainium company made a few very light ones as well (their 300 and 325 were ~250g).

Open to correction on this new company, but I'd double check actual weights of each spring before getting too excited.