Quantcast

Obtanium/CCDB

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I'm running a Diverse Ti coil on my Demo with CCDB. Its a 450 and I've been thinking I want something slightly stiffer. I know the obtanium kits with bearing will work with the CCDB, but I want to know if anybody has any experience with this setup............whats your weight, and spring weight?
are all the Obtanium springs 6"s long despite the weight????? This is important because the CCDB has less threads then other shocks and its a real bitch to fit longer springs.

cheers

Mr Nug

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
UK
I'm running the obtainium + bearing kit on my CCDB.

It's a 375lb x 3" spring and there's plenty of room.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
SPAM: If anyone needs Obtainium adapters (not bearing collars) for a CCDB I have a new set I'd let go for way cheap...otherwise they're gonna go in the trash soon since I've had the damn things for so long. :D

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
SPAM: If anyone needs Obtainium adapters (not bearing collars) for a CCDB I have a new set I'd let go for way cheap...otherwise they're gonna go in the trash soon since I've had the damn things for so long. :D
my shock is a 2.75 stroke so I have no need for the adapter.......only 3" shocks need the adapter......correct????

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
my shock is a 2.75 stroke so I have no need for the adapter.......only 3" shocks need the adapter......correct????
Nope...the ID of the Obtainium spring is larger than other springs, so you need step-down reducers (just these thin composite washers) so it won't deflect and rub.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Nope...the ID of the Obtainium spring is larger than other springs, so you need step-down reducers (just these thin composite washers) so it won't deflect and rub.
right on......so when you order a spring/bearing combo and specify the shock its for they would naturaly include the spacer????? correct?