Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Just remember, we do have the constitutional right to protest. AND let's not ignore our constitutional right to take up arms against tyranny.
just a reminder...if you're stupid enough to play on train tracks.....getting run down seems like a fitting end.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
As someone who has a sporting interest in protests and riots, let me say that around the Bay Area, some of the Occupy folks are behaving in a mob mentality fashion.

I think about the bravery of the man in Tienanmen Square facing down a tank. Is that what is going on when you attack a cop and run into the crowd? Or a group of Occupiers threaten a reporter?

Or about Occupy Cal? Who looks like they are in charge here?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
just a reminder...if you're stupid enough to play on train tracks.....getting run down seems like a fitting end.
Just a reminder.... I'm a full time student and I work 30 hours a week. If I had time to sleep more than 4-6 hours a night I might consider being that stupid.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
My bad....I didn't see the word PROTEST in there (and that was my point). ;)

Just playing devil's advocate with the young whippersnapper.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Yea, remember old man, I'm still in school. My knowledge of the constitution and bill of rights is still fresh, not to mention the copy of them on my book shelf. I'll do the hard part for you, the first amendment gives us the right to protest, and the second gives us the right to pick up a gun when some one tries to stop us.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I challenge you to show me THAT in the Constitution.
Hahahahaaha. Retarded.

Today on FB I met your twin - Dude stated "our founding fathers didn't waste time protesting. They worked!"

Context - in response to a thread started by a Silicon Valley trust fund baby, who went to an Ivy League school, and has only ever worked as an "actress" and "blogger" (quotation marks very intentional), asking her FB friends what these OWS folks are trying to accomplish and why don't they just get jobs or run for government.

After a few of us hopped in and ruined her private school circle jerk, she erased the thread.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yea, remember old man, I'm still in school. My knowledge of the constitution and bill of rights is still fresh, not to mention the copy of them on my book shelf. I'll do the hard part for you, the first amendment gives us the right to protest, and the second gives us the right to pick up a gun when some one tries to stop us.
Uh, nope. Go read that pocket Constitution. The second gives you the right to own a gun to ensure a well armed militia. You don't get to just shoot people as you stand there interpreting the Constitution. But I like the way you're thinking.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Uh, nope. Go read that pocket Constitution. The second gives you the right to own a gun to ensure a well armed militia. You don't get to just shoot people as you stand there interpreting the Constitution. But I like the way you're thinking.
The supreme court has made multiple decisions to the effect of the second amendments intent is for the people to have protection from a tyrannical government. If the government is infringing on our freedoms, or making our state not free, we have the right to secure said freedoms.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Cops closed the Steel Bridge this morning, protesters are lining up to to try and cross. They will be shutting down (or trying to) banks downtown today. Let the fun begin.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Hahahahaaha. Retarded.

Today on FB I met your twin - Dude stated "our founding fathers didn't waste time protesting. They worked!"

Context - in response to a thread started by a Silicon Valley trust fund baby, who went to an Ivy League school, and has only ever worked as an "actress" and "blogger" (quotation marks very intentional), asking her FB friends what these OWS folks are trying to accomplish and why don't they just get jobs or run for government.

After a few of us hopped in and ruined her private school circle jerk, she erased the thread.
BTW, the Founding Fathers did organize protests, in particular the Boston Massacre.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Hahahahaaha. Retarded.

i bet you called her retarded too and it made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Suppression of constitutional rights via LRADs now: NYPD blast LRAD sound cannons at OWS

There is no freedom of expression, even to sing the national anthem:

RT’s New York crew has witnessed NYPD using LRADs, or sound cannons on Occupy Wall Street protesters. Eyewitnesses at the site have tweeted police fired as protesters sang the US national anthem .

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
"I was there to take down the names of people who were arrested… As I’m standing there, some African-American woman goes up to a police officer and says, ‘I need to get in. My daughter’s there. I want to know if she’s OK.’ And he said, ‘Move on, lady.’ And they kept pushing with their sticks, pushing back. And she was crying. And all of a sudden, out of nowhere, he throws her to the ground and starts hitting her in the head,” says Smith. “I walk over, and I say, ‘Look, cuff her if she’s done something, but you don’t need to do that.’ And he said, ‘Lady, do you want to get arrested?’ And I said, ‘Do you see my hat? I’m here as a legal observer.’ He said, ‘You want to get arrested?’ And he pushed me up against the wall."
— Retired New York Supreme Court Judge Karen Smith, working as a legal observer after the raids on Zucotti Park this Tuesday, via Paramilitary Policing of Occupy Wall Street: Excessive Use of Force amidst the New Military Urbanism (via seriouslyamerica)

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
i bet you called her retarded too and it made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Nah, outside of RM, I have decorum. I was polite and civil - honey not vinegar, and all that ****.

Besides, the girl is ****ing smart. Straight A's at an Ivy. And hot. I've seen her naked. It's really hard to call a hot, smart chick "retarded." But I'm willing to bet a million dollars that JetTeach is not a hot smart chick.