Quantcast

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
As Dante will post here shortly, you hate taxes and big government, but you'll damn sure use that medicare and social security one day won't you?
Both are broke and currently unsustainable you know it and I know it so quit kidding yourself.

I’ve made financial plans that knowing all too well that there isn’t going to be any social security or medicare safety net for me and my wife when we get to retirement age so don’t worry about us.

Everyone can easily point out the problem with these underfunded entitlement ponzi schemes yet no one wants to offer any solutions on either side of the aisle, perhaps raising the retirement age allowing those us that want to opt out of the program do just that I’ll be happy to take fifty cents on the dollar of what I’ve contributed thus far to walk away and invest my own money for my own best interests rather than having the government deciding what is best.

Sorry the “I was a Veteran” sympathy ploy has no affect on me I grew up in a household of veterans and have been around WW II, Korea and Vietnam veterans all my life so if you’re looking for something more than a thank you for your service from me your barking up the wrong tree sarge.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
So, Hello Kitty, what services or benefits are you receiving now that you'll voluntarily give up in the name of "smaller government"?

Or is it only other people who have to give up *their* benefits while you get to keep yours?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Here I’ll give you leftists some tips on political discussions going forward.

When you answer someone by calling them names insulting them or answering back a question with a question or silly straw man arguments, it proves three things.

1.You have lost any and all credibility going forward.
2.You are not as smart as you think you are.
3.You have no rational argument of your own to reply with.

I suggest going forward that you bring some facts to the table next time before you hit the submit reply button.
Pussy.

You dodge like someone who doesn't want to address anything I brought up. And if all you see is name calling, you are the moron you come across as.

The truth is, you're an echo chamber set on repeat. Nothing you've said in here is your own idea or something you feel competent explaining.

Last edited:

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
So, Hello Kitty, what services or benefits are you receiving now that you'll voluntarily give up in the name of "smaller government"?
Well...other than the federal highways that I drive on and the military that provides national security I can't really think of any government benefits that I’m getting or aware of to be honest.

So be a sport and name a few that I’m getting and didn’t even realize just so I can sorta feel guilty.

Hey I could live with a 50% across the board government spending cuts no exceptions could you?

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
I like Rand Paul's proposal: reduce spending across the board 1% each year for the next 7 years. That stops the bleeding, and any agency can find 1% to cut without drawing blood. But we cannot be satisfied with a balanced budget; we must have a surplus in order to pay off the existing debt.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
If you consider that an answer to the question I just asked, I'm done with this ****.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
So be a sport and name a few that I’m getting and didn’t even realize just so I can sorta feel guilty.
You are a product of society, you cannot benefit (both directly and indirectly) from all these systems everyone paid for and then shut them down because you are too stupid to realize it. Public education, public water, fire fighters, various law enforcement agencies at all levels, parks, CDC, USPS, FDA, FCC, DARPA (Internet, GPS, modern voice recognition technology, etc), NASA(computer mice, satellites, jaws of life, various healthcare innovations), NOAA, NSF, public universities (numerous innovations like ABC(the first electronic digital computer in the 1940s)), etc.

If you don't need these services, why don't you move to some 3rd world libertarian paradise were you belong. Its obvious who the real parasite is.

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Well...other than the federal highways that I drive on and the military that provides national security I can't really think of any government benefits that I’m getting or aware of to be honest.

Hey I could live with a 50% across the board government spending cuts no exceptions could you?
Well, let's see:

FDA
FAA
HUD
Dept of Education
Agriculture Subsidies
Oil/Gas subsidies
Medical research
Technological research (hi internet!)
Military
Coast Guard
ATF
FEC
CIA/FBI/NSA
etc.

But just the fact that you don't even realize the benefits of government services explains just about everything I need to know about you. Would you want to cut the FDA's budget in half? Of course not. How about the FAA? Maybe, since you might not fly and wouldn't care if planes dropped out of the sky. Or chopping the CIA's budget in half? Of course not, because if there was another 9/11 you and all the rest of the libertarians would get blamed for slashing our intelligence budgets. But the Dept of Education? That could be eliminated completely (since I'm assuming that you don't have kids and it wouldn't affect you).

Like I said, just another starry-eyed libertarian who wants *other* people to give up things but doesn't want the government to reduce any of the services that they're providing to them. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Also apt is a cartoon posted by Toshi a couple of day ago (odd as he's a fellow Ron Paul follower):

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here is the part you somehow keep forgetting.

It’s my money I EARNED it is not the governments to confiscate and redistribute to a bunch of entitlement parasites that refuse to take any personal responsibility or to attempt to better themselves.

Exactly how is it “fair” that I now have to bail out a bunch of losers who took out loans for houses they knew they never could afford and now are facing foreclosure and eviction when my wife and I had to scrape by save and do without so we could put a sizable down payment on a house that we could afford and currently OWN and now we are the ones being punished with the threat of higher taxes?

What universe do you live in where you think it is justifiable that because I’m “comfortable” (your words not mine) due to my own hard work and effort that I should bail out the losers of society by paying higher taxes?

I suggest you revisit Aesop fable...
Do you suggest that I did not work to earn the money I made too? Last time I checked I was working 80 hours a week arriving at my desk at 4am, in one of the higest stress jobs available. I didn't see my wife for nearly a year, I now have seizures, and a ulcer so bad that I couldn't eat BBQ sauce because the spice would cause bleeding.

I could not buy a house where I lived because the market was so over clocked that even with my well over $200k income, the could not buy a house in a decent neighborhood for less than $1.5mm. I like you did not over stretch myself and I have the savings to prove it, but alas there are some stupid people out there.

Should the people who over extended themselves on their loans pay for it? Yes. What about the people who made the loans available? Yes. But you know what? If the banks had been let to fail, which you so proudly tout even without saying it directly, every dollar you had in those banks would be gone. The entire equity market would be gone, as would you invested capital. You do realize that the banks are leveraged somewhere near the tune of 20:1, and if they fail the money you are 'owed' because you have it in their coffers would be gone. Unless you are holding senior debt, you aren't going to get a penny back if they were to collapse.

The reprecussions of the market crash hit all of us, especially me as the market is my job. It makes for some great job security, let me tell you. The fact is, there are many aspects of government that you are not aware you are using, but are critically important to you well being. Do you have any money in the equity markets? the SEC is there to make sure that the companies you are invested in do not lie about their finances, protecting YOU from large scale investment fraud. Just look at the markets in 1920-1929; the levels of market fraud then were incredible. The SEC is aking it safeer for you to invest.

How about your house loan? When you bought that house the loans was taken up by somebody. The person was likely Fanny or Freddie, which are government agencies. The capital that your bank provided was only there because the government was there to back up the loans.

Do you have kids? Public shcool or private? You do realize that most private schools DO get governement subsidies?

Parents? How are they surviving? Are they on SS or Medicare? Otherwise, you and your siblings would be the one paying for their needs once they run out of money, just like pre-1930 when SS was instituted.

Hell, look at your car vs. the car you had in 1970. Safety, airbags, seatbelts - all Dept of Transportation.

Drag you head out of the hole you have it jammed into and look around. I am probably one of the most devout libertatians you will ever meet, but I am educated about what services ar needed.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
If the banks had been let to fail, which you so proudly tout even without saying it directly, every dollar you had in those banks would be gone. The entire equity market would be gone, as would you invested capital. You do realize that the banks are leveraged somewhere near the tune of 20:1, and if they fail the money you are 'owed' because you have it in their coffers would be gone.
Ever heard of the S&L crisis?

About 20 years ago a similar thing happened with the Savings and Loans. They were making loans to people they shouldn't have and got caught. People never seem to learn . . .

What happened back then was that a lot of S&Ls failed. They were purchased by healthy S&Ls. All the property that people defaulted on (toxic assets) were purchased by a government entity called the Resolution Trust Corporation (RTC). The RTC sold the assets for market value. That had the effect of taking the toxic assets off the books of the S&Ls and the real estate market was jump started because the houses were sold at a resonable price (a market adjustment). The only taxpayer money spent was the difference between buying the toxic assets and what the government could sell them for.

You know what? We all survived. The poorly run S&Ls and the people who ran them are gone, only the healthy S&Ls are left and a lot of people were able to purchase homes.

There were no bail outs, no scandals about bonuses, no throwing money down rat holes just to try and claw it back. There is no reason the current administration couldn't have gone this same route.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

About 20 years ago a similar thing happened with the Savings and Loans. They were making loans to people they shouldn't have and got caught. People never seem to learn . . .

What happened back then was that a lot of S&Ls failed. They were purchased by healthy S&Ls. All the property that people defaulted on (toxic assets) were purchased by a government entity called the Resolution Trust Corporation (RTC). The RTC sold the assets for market value. That had the effect of taking the toxic assets off the books of the S&Ls and the real estate market was jump started because the houses were sold at a resonable price (a market adjustment). The only taxpayer money spent was the difference between buying the toxic assets and what the government could sell them for.

You know what? We all survived. The poorly run S&Ls and the people who ran them are gone, only the healthy S&Ls are left and a lot of people were able to purchase homes.

There were no bail outs, no scandals about bonuses, no throwing money down rat holes just to try and claw it back. There is no reason the current administration couldn't have gone this same route.
What percentage of the US banking market did all of the banks involved in the S&L crisis? BoA alone holds 12% (as of 2009) of the US deposit base. If they go down, because all of the banks are so intertwined, you see 2008 on steroids. The IB's that went down in 2008 were nowhere near as large as our current banks, as all were absorbed by the existing banks.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Bush signed TARP into law, not the current administration.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bush signed TARP into law, not the current administration.
Don't worry, he'll come back with TARP was repaid. But then you have the question of who pushed all of the bailout mergers? Oh, Bernanke, Geitner, andPaulson. Who brought all of those people in board? Right, Bush.

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008

how can you say there was now bail out when a "GOVERNMENT ENTITY" purchased all the assets, and sold them for a loss? in other words, taxpayer money was used to get the bad assets off the market. TARP was the same thing essentially, but instead of buying assets directly, the money was put into the system as an equity infusion. i could go into it, but i won't.

when the government creates an entity to put money into a situation to help the private industry clean up a mess... its a bail out.

and there were PLENTY of scandals with the S&L crisis. also the banks wanted the S&Ls out of the picture so they were allowed to fail. you ever hear of the Keating Five? look it up. you obviously have NO idea what you are talking about.

i don't even know why i typed this, other than i can't stand to read such moronic garbage.

and while i'm at it - a few pages back, your over simplification of the US tax system is just plain dumb. you post the first page of the tax code. you ignore all of the credits/breaks/write offs. when you posted that, it was the equivalent of me saying this:

"everyone from texas is completely stupid based on the posts from Hello Kitty".

Last edited:

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Don't worry, he'll come back with TARP was repaid. But then you have the question of who pushed all of the bailout mergers? Oh, Bernanke, Geitner, andPaulson. Who brought all of those people in board? Right, Bush.
BUSTED Oh you got me!!

Man you folks assume a lot.

First I’m a Rick Perry sycophant now I’m a George W. Bush lacky (maybe see photo below) and of course instantly pigeonholed as a mouthbreather knuckle dragging redneck from Texas which is par for the course on these political forums, at least I’ve not been called a teabagger, racist or bigot (yet) but the day is still young.

I must apologize that I didn’t drill down further and give every minutiae detail of the S&L scandal and bring up the Keating 5 by the way four outta the five were democrats. I had no idea that with every post made you get the free anal exam and critique on historical accuracy.

Yes Bush got the ball rolling on this mess with lots of help from congress however Obama continued down the same path at record speed exactly how can you deny those facts?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Yes Bush got the ball rolling on this mess with lots of help from congress however Obama continued down the same path at record speed exactly how can you deny those facts?]
Explain what, explain republicans turning our senate and house into a filibuster circus? You mean the one where every change he has put forward the republicans have fought tooth and nail to prevent from happening. If you can't see that you're twice the retard I am

JayBear

Monkey
Nothing on this? Bueller? Bueller?
.. Back to the OP. I went for a bike ride to check out the scene in Portland ORYGUN yesterday. I would say maybe 2000 people. Un fortunatly I didnt get to witness any tazings or police brutality. I did see alot of conflicting signs. And by signs I mean of the card board written variety, Not something sent down from space dad.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Explain what, explain republicans turning our senate and house into a filibuster circus? You mean the one where every change he has put forward the republicans have fought tooth and nail to prevent from happening. If you can't see that you're twice the retard I am
Ignore this one. He is the village idiot.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Puleese!!!

Who won the majority of congress in 2006? Who won the election in 2008? Who has not presented a budget in over 800+ days? Your crying about 1/3 of the government now when the senate and the executive branch are sill democrat controlled and have had the majority since 2006?

And you have the gall to call me retarded look in the mirror

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Puleese!!!

Who won the majority of congress in 2006? Who won the election in 2008? Who has not presented a budget in over 800+ days? Your crying about 1/3 of the government now when the senate and the executive branch are sill democrat controlled and have had the majority since 2006?

And you have the gall to call me retarded look in the mirror
As noted above.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
.. Back to the OP. I went for a bike ride to check out the scene in Portland ORYGUN yesterday. I would say maybe 2000 people. Un fortunatly I didnt get to witness any tazings or police brutality. I did see alot of conflicting signs. And by signs I mean of the card board written variety, Not something sent down from space dad.
Had the SEIU goons shown up yet?

The amazing thing is that the very companies they are protesting were some of the biggest contributors to Obama. (JPMOrgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Dow, Monsanto).

Glad we don't have this nonsense down here in Texas I'll do my protesting at the election box on 11/6/12

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Drag you head out of the hole you have it jammed into and look around. I am probably one of the most devout libertatians you will ever meet, but I am educated about what services ar needed.
You're in the middle of a change that would make Burly proud.

Give it 5 years, and you'll be a transgendered AIDS activist squatting in a redwood...

JayBear

Monkey
Pussy, you live in texas, I could care less what you do down there in that dry,hot,racist, hell hole. Just stop sending your offspring up here. We get tired of knocking them out in the dive bars.

Last edited:

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Had the SEIU goons shown up yet?

The amazing thing is that the very companies they are protesting were some of the biggest contributors to Obama. (JPMOrgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Dow, Monsanto).

Glad we don't have this nonsense down here in Texas I'll do my protesting at the election box on 11/6/12
I hate to tell you this but this mess has been in Texas for a few days now.

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/occupy-wall-street-spin-offs-come-to-texas-1898711.html

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
I hate to tell you this but this mess has been in Texas for a few days now.

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/occupy-wall-street-spin-offs-come-to-texas-1898711.html
what 200 people show up?

hell a Ann Coulter or Dick Cheney book signing will bring in five times that down here.

and come on...Austin it's the goofball hippie liberal litter box of the state beautiful area but I hate going there on business due to all the drag worms and weridos.

didn't say Texas dosent have pockets of liberal nuts Marfa, Brownsville, Laredo, Beaumont just that nobody takes them seriously. give it a week or some bad weather and see what resilience these protestors have once the media has moved on to something else.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
How else can you explain large numbers of people who can simply dedicate their time and energy to occupying a public space until they are physically removed by force? What kind of loser would do that; Certainly no one who has a real life. Make no mistake, nothing these mobs do will have any impact on anything. And this is where it gets kind of scary.

As these mobs continue to grow in size, now being fueled by paid union thugs, I predict it will be only a matter of time before a spark ignites rioting that will cause great damage to private property. That is what happened recently in London. The London protest started peacefully enough, but quickly degenerated in to a full scale riot. That is the end game I see for the Occupy Wall Street mob.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
How else can you explain large numbers of people who can simply dedicate their time and energy to occupying a public space until they are physically removed by force? What kind of loser would do that; Certainly no one who has a real life. Make no mistake, nothing these mobs do will have any impact on anything. And this is where it gets kind of scary.

As these mobs continue to grow in size, now being fueled by paid union thugs, I predict it will be only a matter of time before a spark ignites rioting that will cause great damage to private property. That is what happened recently in London. The London protest started peacefully enough, but quickly degenerated in to a full scale riot. That is the end game I see for the Occupy Wall Street mob.
at least our riots will have superior oral hygiene.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i will not be happy with the occupy wall street protests until optimus prime levels the NYSE and megatron does the ROTC jackhammer on the entire board of directors of goldman sachs