Last edited:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
peers...other ultra-rich people?

anarchy.....cute.
Cute, and effective.
The playbook for the entire protest movement is standard-issue anarchist theory.
What you are looking at is capital A anarchy in action.
The budding revolution here(and the revolutions around the world) is unfolding the way that anarchist writers and intellectuals have predicted that these post-capitalist post-scarcity(use technology equitably to help bring the 3rd world up to 1st world standards via education and the development of local industries since we have the technology and capital to do just that if we change our priorities and worldviews) struggles would unfold and are unfolding that way deliberately.

The media portrays the protests as directionless, but the lack of a clear and stated message is a deliberate tactic to prevent the co-optation of the movement by outside forces until an organic message is created via consensus. Creating a ruckus keeps the protest simmering and raises awarness.

The Anarchists are keeping democracy safe right(as free and unfettered Democracy is the ultimate goal of their movement) now and they will continue to facilitate the safety of the protestors until they aren't needed any more and more realistic messages and ideas can be presented to the media to make the biggest dent they can make.

Anarchy isn't about destruction, it's about freedom.
In many ways it is Libertariansm without the corporate meddling we seem from the Kochs and their think tanks.
The same ultimate goals- unfettered capitalism(we'd call it trade) free from state control, and removing the state from our personal lives,in other words, maximizing freedom is the same goal.
Modern post-Marxist/Capitalist/Scarcity Anarchists(the type of anarchist that isn't some douchebag college kid who looks like a dirty clown) want to create self-sustaining towns and regions that use co-operation, automation and yes, "planning" to create an environment where people are free to practice their trades and crafts without the pressure from governments to tithe their communities to fund programs they don't believe in.

Both groups want to maximize local control, self-reliance and co-operation and local control in their communities.
Our political and economic systems are too broken to make true Libertarianism a viable choice for people who want to see a more direct route to freedom, just as there is no space for it's sexier anarchist cousin. The Libertarian movement has been co-opted by as$holes too.

If the Tea Party was a real social movement and not a top-down brain-wash misinformation program I think that we would have a powerful movement for undeniably positive and equitable social change that would benefit every American.
I spout talking points, they spout talking points- but we have such a toxic media and social culture in this society that as a nation our citizens can't communicate with or understand each other. How easy it would be to dismantle big government if only we could govern by consensus without all the blustery holler funded by the same jerks that we all love to hate.

disclaimer: I used to be a politically active member of the Libertarian party.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Definitely not the way to gain any kind of popular established support. If I was there (Or at any protest for that matter...) I would wave the flag as high and often as possible. What better symbol of your right to assemble and speek freely is there, other then assembling and speaking freely that is...desecrating it has never made sense to me.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I borrowed tens of thousands of dollars to go to college to earn a degree in a field where no one is hiring. I am the parent of more children than I can realistically afford to raise. I am a young white person in America, and you'd think with the right choices in life I would have the world in the palm of my hand. However, I made all the wrong choices and although I am college educated, I am too fvcking dim-witted to get myself out of the predicament I've put myself in.

I am the 99%

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The lack of specific demands and general outrage combo-meal has me beginning to wonder if an ex-GF organized this thing.

What's wrong?
Everything!
What can I do to make it better?
Nothing, I'm just mad!
Should I leave you alone for a little bit, so you can work this out?
You better not ignore me!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
The lack of specific demands and general outrage combo-meal has me beginning to wonder if an ex-GF organized this thing.

What's wrong?
Everything!
Nothing, I'm just mad!
:rofl: Awesome.

Dammit, must spread...

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State

What's wrong?
Everything!
Nothing, I'm just mad!
That could also come from one of my teenage daughters as well..............

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless

What's wrong?
Everything!
Nothing, I'm just mad!
:rolleyes: no one was saying that about tea party, they were saying the exact same sh!t but from the other side (the wrong side) What we have here is the rich (see who controls the media) trying to down play and take away credibility from the people they are trying to continue to rob blind

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
the key word in that Rush quote is "MANY".....

even still, Rush is fat and sucks. :nuts: <-- bring back that gif!!!!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I've been of two minds about this issue. I think a lot of the anger is legitimate and well founded. I am however frustrated by the: A. Lack of leadership, B. Dirty un-showered hippies sh*tting on the flag and "drum circles", and C. Trying to make the protests about every left wing policy issue. It makes it very hard for people to take you and your issue(s) seriously when you all just appear to be a dirty, uncouth, unwashed, drug addled, directionless horde.

Focus on this (hat tip to Toshi). I don't know how you couldn't be upset about that. It makes me want to protest, but Jeebus can you people please get your act together so you don't look like a bunch spoiled, self entitled dirt bags? If you want the media and America to take you seriously, you need to get your act together. :banghead:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
in regards to point A - ever consider that might kind of be the point? in a "we the people" sort of way?
Sure, I suppose so. I really think the biggest issue holding this back is the lack of focus though. Can they at least appoint someone with some speaking skills, capable of making concise points, and who isn't totally baked to talk with the media?

Last edited: