Quantcast

OChain “chainless” chainring spider

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
more importantly how much would you pay me for a product that claims to make sure it's negated, whether it's a thing or not?
I think the ultimate solution is a shaft drive. Put the fucking pivot under the seat and still have zero drivetrain interaction.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
How much chain growth do you get with the wheel off the ground?
:rofl:

Yeah, but if the wheel locks up and then you hit something, it's going to take an instant to break the wheel free and start it spinning again. Suspension's going to be moving while that happens.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I'd rather ride a bare rim than a nevegel
I'd rather ride NO wheels than those TURDS...I gain 6" every crank pedal strike ...

Those shitbox tires cost my ass a few races , rims, and countless blown corners....I don't usually talk shit I let things go....but Kenda nevergo forget about it....I wouldn't have the heart to throw one at a guy on course racing by cause it would hit him ..it has a 100% chance of taking him out and causing village at bottom of run to blow up...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
A $900 hub with two points of engagement for better suspension performance.

Or a $1200 hub with a clutch mechanism that disengages the freewheel hydraulically when the rear brake is applied. T
AWD Volvos did that, as soon as the handbrake switch was engaged it would drop the rear drive out so you could have fun.

UnusualBread

Chimp
Nov 2, 2020
I'm definitely O-Chain curious. I do think improvement is going to come more from isolating slight tugging that happens when chain is bouncing around instead of pedal kickback tho.

To that point, I was really surprised at how much a difference adding the STFU made to my bike, which limits upper chain movement. Similar to the freshly serviced front fork feeling but on the rear. Seems like you can feel a little more clearly what the rear tire is doing since there is less chain "noise" your mind needs to filter out, arguably letting you push that little bit harder.

Last edited: