Quantcast

Ocoee Tennessee Riding ?

airwalkrob

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Greenville EASTSIDE
Hey Tennessee riders I have a place on the Ocoee river that I have recently been going to alot. Where is the big fun stuff close to Ocoee river ? Help me out so I can narrow down what to ride while I visit. :thumb:

RapidRob

Chimp
Aug 12, 2009
Bama
I'll be there as well...i usually kayak the river untill after lunch. Then i'll be riding some xc at the Tanasi (chestnut loop, quartz loop, thunder rock) But the best run in the area is a shuttled DH run off of Oswald Dome..its great

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Oswald Dome? Where's that?

I have been told that the run from the top of the chilhowee system down is a good run, but I've never done it.

There is a lot to do around the Ocoee. My wife and spend lots of time out there, biking, hiking, camping, rafting, kayaking, and just hanging out at the WWC.

airwalkrob

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Greenville EASTSIDE
Is that near Oswald rd ? if so that is directly behind my place ! I want to check it out this sat. can someone hook me up with some map details like drop off pickup areas for shtl. or ride with us and show us around .etc.. thanks !

RapidRob

Chimp
Aug 12, 2009
Bama
Oswald Dome drops off the end of Chilhowie Mountain straight down to the Hiwasee, if your looking at chilhowie mountain from benton on 411 you will see several radio & cell towers at the highest point, this is where the trail starts, its also the end of the road if you were to pass the chilhowie campground entrance and continue straight on the gravel road for many miles. The end of the trail is at a recreation area next to the hiwasee, great run with absolutely no uphill and tons of flowing singletrack. It is a hiking trail, but i've only seen two hikers after 25+ shuttled runs.

RapidRob

Chimp
Aug 12, 2009
Bama
Is that near Oswald rd ? if so that is directly behind my place ! I want to check it out this sat. can someone hook me up with some map details like drop off pickup areas for shtl. or ride with us and show us around .etc.. thanks !
I can ride with you, we'll also have a shuttle driver. Give me a call Saturday morning if you'd like 256-338-8213, Rob

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Oswald Dome drops off the end of Chilhowie Mountain straight down to the Hiwasee, if your looking at chilhowie mountain from benton on 411 you will see several radio & cell towers at the highest point, this is where the trail starts, its also the end of the road if you were to pass the chilhowie campground entrance and continue straight on the gravel road for many miles. The end of the trail is at a recreation area next to the hiwasee, great run with absolutely no uphill and tons of flowing singletrack. It is a hiking trail, but i've only seen two hikers after 25+ shuttled runs.
I figured that's where it was. Thanks for the info. We moved a bit further away from the Ocoee this past week, but we'll be back there. I'll definitely hit it up (actually down). Thanks!