Quantcast

Oct2 Charlotte DS

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Hi Peete, Joe G. talked to Neal Boyd(promoter) and everything should be a go. Although one of my guys at the shop got an e-mail today saying this weekend would be the last to ride at catawba due to the construction of the whitewater park. We have e-mailed Sandy to find out for sure. We all plan to be there.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
This weekend is NOT the last weekend that Catawba will be open but I bet it won't be open long after the Cane Creek. Come enjoy it this year because it is probably the last time this trail will exist. I have a feeling the whole mountain bike trail will be shut down by the waterpark and replaced by a double track gravel userfriendly multi-purpose trail

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
zod said:
I have a feeling the whole mountain bike trail will be shut down by the waterpark and replaced by a double track gravel userfriendly multi-purpose trail

SWEEEETTTT!!! I love multi-purpose double track gravel trails. Can't get have enough of them can we.....

The only thing better than that is when they pave 'em. Atlanta doesn't have enough money to fix all the pot holes in the road so they cover them with metal plates :confused: Then they go ahead and lay asphault over 2-3 miles of gravel trails.

DVNT said:
SWEEEETTTT!!! I love multi-purpose double track gravel trails. Can't get have enough of them can we.....

The only thing better than that is when they pave 'em. Atlanta doesn't have enough money to fix all the pot holes in the road so they cover them with metal plates :confused: Then they go ahead and lay asphault over 2-3 miles of gravel trails.
Your talking about a town that indicted a former mayor for corruption here. Why should they be expected to do the right thing with the roads???

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
genpowell71 said:
Your talking about a town that indicted a former mayor for corruption here. Why should they be expected to do the right thing with the roads???
Haha, ol' Bill is as shady as they come.

If ATL has so much air pollution why can't they spend the money on a traffic engineer to synchronize all of the lights?

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
escapeartist, it's a very tame course and there will be plenty of first timers and slow riders, just go do it and have fun............and don't get carried out on a back-board like T-Pirate ;)

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
jet said:
Watch out for the trees at the double drop.

Peete- get someone to host that.
I will perform some burnage for you this week.
I don't understand that hosting crapola.

On another note, we had breakfast at the Huddle House today in PTC. Believe it or not there were a few cute/borderline hot girls working. No ashes in the coffee and I didn't stick to the seat. Crazy.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Peete said:
I will perform some burnage for you this week.
I don't understand that hosting crapola.

On another note, we had breakfast at the Huddle House today in PTC. Believe it or not there were a few cute/borderline hot girls working. No ashes in the coffee and I didn't stick to the seat. Crazy.

Cute girls working the Huddle House in PTC?

Did they have all their teeth?

:nopity: ( couldn't find a smiley that played the banjo. )

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
zod said:
escapeartist, it's a very tame course and there will be plenty of first timers and slow riders, just go do it and have fun............and don't get carried out on a back-board like T-Pirate ;)

hahahahaha true but that was last year...

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Curiouscaptian01 said:
what kind of question is that...

Of course they didn't have all their teeth.
They looked young enough to have all of their teeth. :think:

A joke;
Did you know that toothpaste was invented in Alabama?

That's because if it was invented anywhere else it would have been called TEETHPASTE. :stosh:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
This Sunday October 3rd, I have been given permission to layout a new
section of DH trail from the peak down to the current trail and then
whatever else we can layout & create in a day.

I would like to offer everyone interested with a chainsaw, fire rake,
shovel, mattock, etc. to please join me in this opportunity. I'll be there
early laying out and marking and ask that you join me at 10am in the parking
lot beneath the main lodge. All those helping will need to sign a NORBA
volunteer waiver. Bring your own water and food (this is so
hardcore....heh!). I would like 2 competent chainsaws and their owners to
knock out the clearing. We'll clear debris and rough it out fairly quick.
Everything is pretty simple and quick. The hardest part will be not goofing
off in the woods too much.

The following weekend of Oktoberfest, we will finish in the morning on the
upper section and ride 'er in....as the lfits will be in operation. Bring
cash to pay for it.

Anyone who would like to be in charge of some new XC trail, please let me
know and I'll speak with you about getting your own crew to add a few
sections to lengthen the existing system . Please forward this info on to
your friends and post on sites you think are relevant.

The greatest part about Oktoberfest...lots of different beers!

Please let me know if you help this weekend. bizutch@hotmail.com
Butch Greene
31 Cherokee Rd
Asheville, NC 28806
828-665-8833 (DO NOT CALL PAST 9PM! - You will wake my 9 month old.)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
zod said:
man! that little punk held up the DH start time by like 30 minutes. next time you'll just have to move out of the way and wait until the end of the race for EMS....i'm sure someone can stabalize your neck/back while you wait :D :p ;)

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
manimal said:
man! that little punk held up the DH start time by like 30 minutes. next time you'll just have to move out of the way and wait until the end of the race for EMS....i'm sure someone can stabalize your neck/back while you wait :D :p ;)
Hey, I WAS out of the way. For all I care I would have rather watched DH while laying on the ground than hold it up.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
T-Pirate said:
Hey, I WAS out of the way. For all I care I would have rather watched DH while laying on the ground than hold it up.
don't know about that dude, you were crying and kept asking us if you broke your back. Pretty cool cool, heck yeah.