Quantcast

odd hayes question

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I have a few braided lines lying around, same material (same manufacturer) as the lines used on goodridge hoses.

What are the odds i could use a stock hayes crush washer and nut piece to secure them with instead of their own fittings? (which are no longer in my posession).

I need to setup my rear brake on my slalom bike for a training camp this weekend..and right now i have a kinked G2 line, a braided line with 1 fitting on it only, and an extra line with 2 crimped fittings, but that is too short.

argh.

Also, I only have 1 crush washer, so I gotta get it right the first try.

largerthan9

Monkey
Dec 10, 2002
I would do a dry run and slide everything together to ensure a tight fit....
if it all seems snug, then torque it down! and bleed er up!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by zedro
why ask questions when you can live dangerously instead?
I'm livin dangerously baby. Even hayes doesn't know. All assembled ok with a bit of work. Only question now is if the crush washer has a tight enough seal on the line to not leak **** all over my house.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
update - it doesnt work.

There isnt enough of a seal forming so i cant get it even close to moving properly. The pads move about 1/2 mm now. NO idea where the fluid is going tho...it isnt coming out anywhere. I am guessing between the steel braid line and the plastic tubing.

largerthan9

Monkey
Dec 10, 2002
Originally posted by Transcend
update - it doesnt work.

There isnt enough of a seal forming so i cant get it even close to moving properly. The pads move about 1/2 mm now. NO idea where the fluid is going tho...it isnt coming out anywhere. I am guessing between the steel braid line and the plastic tubing.
:(