Quantcast

Odd people are everywhere.....

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
So a friend of mine is an area manager for a local grocery store chain. He gets a call from one of his store managers who is barely able to talk he is laughing so hard. A woman had just left after bringing a complaint to his attention.

She had brought in unpopped popcorn kernels from bags of microwave popcorn. She had individually bagged those kernals from each bag of popcorn. How many bags had she brought you ask (that's what I asked)? 75 little sandwich bags with between 10 and 108 kernels. She also brought each receipt for each box with date popped, microwave settings, and the number of partially popped kernels. She didn't bring the partially popped kernels because that would be "unsanitary" but felt it was important to provide them this information. All of this was on what appeared to be on an excel spreadsheet.

On top of this she had opened 3 bags completely unpopped so that she could get an average number of kernels per bag. She calculated the refund for the unpopped kernels for each bag based on how much she had spent including any discounts. She indicated that since she bought the house brand that is why she was contacting them. If it had been name brands she would have filed the complaint with the company.

All together she was asking for a refund of $14.34, which the manager gave her out of his own pocket. He said that she couldn't have been out of her 30's and was actually pretty good looking and not dressed like a total kook.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was buying a new backpack at an outdoor store when all the employees started laughing there asses off. I asked what was up. Some dude returned a pair of wool socks, he did not give a reason. After the customer left the guy behind the counter gave the socks a closer look, they had been turned into sock puppets.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
DRB said:
So a friend of mine is an area manager for a local grocery store chain. He gets a call from one of his store managers who is barely able to talk he is laughing so hard. A woman had just left after bringing a complaint to his attention.

She had brought in unpopped popcorn kernels from bags of microwave popcorn. She had individually bagged those kernals from each bag of popcorn. How many bags had she brought you ask (that's what I asked)? 75 little sandwich bags with between 10 and 108 kernels. She also brought each receipt for each box with date popped, microwave settings, and the number of partially popped kernels. She didn't bring the partially popped kernels because that would be "unsanitary" but felt it was important to provide them this information. All of this was on what appeared to be on an excel spreadsheet.

On top of this she had opened 3 bags completely unpopped so that she could get an average number of kernels per bag. She calculated the refund for the unpopped kernels for each bag based on how much she had spent including any discounts. She indicated that since she bought the house brand that is why she was contacting them. If it had been name brands she would have filed the complaint with the company.

All together she was asking for a refund of $14.34, which the manager gave her out of his own pocket. He said that she couldn't have been out of her 30's and was actually pretty good looking and not dressed like a total kook.
That's just strange. I mean, the amount of time it took her to figure all of this out, had to cost more than $14.31. I wonder if the manager was able to keep a straight face when he was talking to her?

This story needs to be sent to the Reader's Digest...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Ha, that is great.
A few weeks ago, this lady called my office all out of breath and crazy sounding. She said she needed some life insurance right away!
I asked her why and she said she thought she wanna gonna die.
It turns out she was calling me from her hospital room.
She then proceeds to tell me that she ate a bunch of salt and that she was not supposed to have sodium and her ankles were really swollen.
She said, "I could die any minute, so I need to take out some life insurance."
I said, "Sure thing, because it is just that easy! What do you want a few million?" :nope:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Jeremy R said:
Ha, that is great.
A few weeks ago, this lady called my office all out of breath and crazy sounding. She said she needed some life insurance right away!
I asked her why and she said she thought she wanna gonna die.
It turns out she was calling me from her hospital room.
She then proceeds to tell me that she ate a bunch of salt and that she was not supposed to have sodium and her ankles were really swollen.
She said, "I could die any minute, so I need to take out some life insurance."
I said, "Sure thing, because it is just that easy! What do you want a few million?" :nope:
You never know unless you ask.

I'm working on getting a picture of the stuff or at least a copy of the spreadsheet. Apparently its quite the popular presentation.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
DRB said:
You never know unless you ask.

I'm working on getting a picture of the stuff or at least a copy of the spreadsheet. Apparently its quite the popular presentation.
Yeah, it was probaly the same lady.
She was gonna use that $14.31 for her life ins. premium.
And popcorn has a boatload of salt. Enough to kill you. :)