Quantcast

Odd song to hear in a commercial...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The Feelies "Slow Down" in a citi.com commercial. Old man flying an RC plane.

I remember hearing "Happy When it Rains" by Jesus and Mary Chain used in another car commercial a couple of years ago.

carry on.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Watching the World Series and they were playing promo's for that new Dr. show and the background music was The Rolling Stones "Sympathy for the Devil" seemed like an odd pairing.

BTW, how crappy has the buffer music been going into and coming out of commercial breaks for the Series? Who do they think is watching this?

....and as much as I like James Taylor his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner kinda blew.......but not as bad a Donna Summer singing God Bless America.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
narlus said:
remember when microsoft (i think) used a pell mell tune?
I have never heard of Pell Mell.

I remember Mr. Rollins doing the talking in a Chevy commercial awhile back.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
pell mell was an all instrumental band who did some records for SST. i think they were based out of oregon, maybe? decent stuff.

stereolab did a song for VW, when the beetle was re-introduced.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I was amused when "Start Me Up" by the Rolling Stones was chosen as the theme song for the introduction of Windows 95.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
They usually play a variety of Phish songs at Fenway during the games (Chalkdust Torture, etc.), but they've been lacking so far in the WS. IF they have to come back to Fenway maybe we'll get them then!

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
narlus said:
actually, using iggy's "lust for life" in any ad is subversive marketing at its best.
The Onion had a great article on that, it was something like "Song about pain and redemption of heroin addict inspires family to go on cruise"