Quantcast

Odds Hillary will attempt to 'steal' the nomination

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Will she try to seat delegates from the voided Michigan and Florida elections?

Will she lose the popular vote to Obama but win the delegate count by intimidation/bribing the 'super delegates?'

Well she use unleash her lawyers and appeal to the SCotUS?

I say odds are 3:1

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Will she lose the popular vote to Obama but win the delegate count by intimidation/bribing the 'super delegates?'
If she does, maybe Walter Mondale could be her VP candidate, he knows how that all worked out...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Local WA state news:

In WA state we have difficulty counting in the Dem/Rep parties :huh:

Huckabee is challenging McCains win last Saturday....or the premature declaration of.... :bonk:

Rhino

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Will she try to seat delegates from the voided Michigan and Florida elections?

Well she use unleash her lawyers and appeal to the SCotUS?

I say odds are 3:1
She already has Chelsea schmoozing the supers.

What if Obama wins more of the popular vote, but she wins more states? :panic:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
holy carp, talk about your vast clinton-machine conspiracy from the inside:
"She has to win both Ohio and Texas comfortably, or she's out," said one superdelegate who has endorsed Mrs. Clinton, and who spoke on condition of anonymity to share a candid assessment. "The campaign is starting to come to terms with that." Campaign advisers, also speaking privately in order to speak plainly, confirmed this view.
if those in her favor fear getting on her bad side, what does that bode for the rest of us if elected?

source: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/12/us/politics/12clinton.html?pagewanted=all

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Desperate times lead to desperate measures...

Maybe McCain will ask Hillary to run as his Veep..

He's 'progressive' like that.

:p

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i think hillary's undoing will be having to once again answer to various lies, to include: "i was named after edmund hillary", and "i will finish out my full term as senator of new york, and not run for president".

there are others where reasonable differences or doubts can be raised (even progressives have problems with her integrity), but there are still many which she cannot outrun, and this has nothing to do w/ her flabby thighs.

Plummit

Monkey
Mar 12, 2002
You mean like this?

With every delegate precious, Mrs. Clinton’s advisers also made it clear that they were prepared to take a number of potentially incendiary steps to build up Mrs. Clinton’s count. Top among these, her aides said, is pressing for Democrats to seat the disputed delegations from Florida and Michigan, who held their primaries in January in defiance of Democratic Party rules.

Plummit

Monkey
Mar 12, 2002
Perhaps she already did. Discrepancies found in the polling results in 80 NY districts. From the NYT:

Black voters are heavily represented in the 94th Election District in Harlem’s 70th Assembly District. Yet according to the unofficial results from the New York Democratic primary last week, not a single vote in the district was cast for Senator Barack Obama.
and

City election officials this week said that their formal review of the results, which will not be completed for weeks, had confirmed some major discrepancies between the vote totals reported publicly — and unofficially — on primary night and the actual tally on hundreds of voting machines across the city.

In the Harlem district, for instance, where the primary night returns suggested a 141 to 0 sweep by Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, the vote now stands at 261 to 136. In an even more heavily black district in Brooklyn — where the vote on primary night was recorded as 118 to 0 for Mrs. Clinton — she now barely leads, 118 to 116.
Hmmmm... Full article at the NYT link above.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8583.html

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign intends to go after delegates whom Barack Obama has already won in the caucuses and primaries if she needs them to win the nomination.

This strategy was confirmed to me by a high-ranking Clinton official on Monday. And I am not talking about superdelegates, those 795 party big shots who are not pledged to anybody. I am talking about getting pledged delegates to switch sides.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/18/AR2008021802364.html

Hillary Clinton's black supporters -- especially the most prominent ones -- hadn't expected their candidate to be in a dogfight right now. They thought Barack Obama was an election cycle or two away from being serious presidential timber. They thought Bill Clinton's presidency and the close relationships the Clintons had forged with African Americans would translate into goo-gobs of votes in '08. They were wrong.

Remember all the commentator chatter last summer: Is Barack Obama black enough?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
from another article, does anyone find the caption to be mildly amusing about how the US loves to just meddle in every country's affairs?

Condoleezza Rice chairs a 2005 meeting of the U.S. group working on plans for a post-Castro Cuba.