Quantcast

ode to fall

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It was two weeks ago or so when I was up on Moscow Mountain riding singletrack that was 3" deep in fresh snow. It was a blast but I concluded that the singletrack season was quickly coming to an end. The snow was going to get deeper, the cold colder, the dark darker, etc... School was going to take all my daylight hours and leave me with dark and wet evening commutes.

Spring forward to the last three days. Somehow the weather decided to hit almost record highs (in the high 50's low 60's) and give us sunshine. It has supplied the tackiest, smoothest, tire-gripping trails I've seen all year. The pine needles aren't slippery, the moose are friendly (enough) and the air is refreshing and crisp.

Heres to shorts and t-shirts on the best singletrack of the year when I thought it was over :monkeydance:

(pic from Chelan, WA not Moscow Mtn, ID)

bdmack

Chimp
May 20, 2007
You win.

i think Winter is here now though. Right when i'm getting healed enough to ride DOH@%$%@$##*$&.:nopity:
Hey man, would you mind posting directions to DOH@%$%@$##*$&? I heard its sweet. I promise I won't tell anyone.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I'll be throwing dirt next week in Yakima I'm pretty sure. Your not going to tri-cities for thanksgiving are ya? if so, bring your bike stop by the yak

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Rode Leavenworth yesterday and today, great rides all the way around. I would highly recommend getting over to your favorite east of the mountain trails before snow.

What trail in Chelan is that picture taken from? I was going to ride the Butte this morning, but since I had my big bike and would have had to hike all the way to the top I decided to go back to Leavenworth.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Rode Leavenworth yesterday and today, great rides all the way around. I would highly recommend getting over to your favorite east of the mountain trails before snow.

What trail in Chelan is that picture taken from? I was going to ride the Butte this morning, but since I had my big bike and would have had to hike all the way to the top I decided to go back to Leavenworth.
Thats the ridgeview trail, part of the echo valley trail system. Definitely a xc trail system but a killer workout when you start at the bottom of Purteman (sp?) gulch road and ride up to the trails and down burgeman gulch back out to your car through echo valley.

The Butte trail is burley on the body if you don't shuttle it. The climb destroys me. The downhill is pretty fun though, pretty steep and rocky. Leavenworth has some f-in crazy trails. what were you riding up there? tres?

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I rode Xanadu, its on the ridge opposite to tres. I wanted to ride tres, but its a longer hike and a burlier DH, which is good, but I was riding by myself.