Quantcast

Odyssey driver, Mosh hub, compatible?

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
Got myself a mosh digital cassette hub, and it had an 11t odyssey driver installed...

now, when i went to try and spin the driver back, simulating pedaling backwards, it wouldnt budge....

loosened off the locknut on that side, and got it to move...now, how do i tighten the locknuts and still get the damn thing to work?
im not really familiar with these things, so any suggestions are appreciated.
Oh, and i tried to remove the driver, and i cant do that either...

ignitefan

Chimp
Jul 11, 2002
San Jose
yes it should work...... both odyessey and mosh use joy tech hubs so in reality it should work.... but as i know those 11 tooth drivers are junk in the long haul way to little of a space to fit proper bearings and such...... but sounds like maybe the pawls are busted or the driver is hitting the hub.......
dont ride it untill a good bmx mechanic checks it out...

Apollo_K

Chimp
Aug 16, 2003
i think your axle is slightly bent, or the driver is rubbing on the bearing shoulder. take the axle out, inspect the outboard bearing shoulder, and file it down a bit if need be..... thats what empire bmx said

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
well, took the axle out to take a look

still cant get the driver off...but i was able to get it to work...

there was an o ring on the bottom of the driver...and two red seals where the edge of the driver meets the hub...

i removed the oring, and only put in 1 of the red seals...now it spins like it should...
i dunno if the person i got it from just installed it wrong or what...but it works like this now...

but the thing about not being able to get it off...axle isnt bent, it just wont come off...
but i dont need to take it off anytime soon, not planning on running something different...