Quantcast

Odyssey Driver w/Demolition Anorexia Hub

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Will it work? It seems to fit OK but if I snug up the nut that holds the driver on it pushes against the rubber dust cover too much making it harder to turn. Searched for this question and didn't see it answered TIA.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
FYI the old style 4 pawl driver does work but you have to remove the dust cover. Although now I lost a pawl off of the driver! I looked for an hour for it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
So I rebuilt my rear wheel used the odyssey driver in the demo hub and ditched the runaway for a bfr. The runaway while being light didn't stay true and I had two different mac2's blow off of it. Eventually all of my friends with the 24 runaways and the mac2 had the same problem.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Maybe mac2's just have bit issues.... seems to be a regular accurance.
Well I know 2 other guys who run sun rynos 24" and the tire has never exploded on them.

I know one other on a 24" bfr and another on a 24" alex dm24 and they never had the mac2 explode.

So I rode the new wheel with bfr mac2 today and I noticed that #1 I had to use a tire lever to get the tire on and you can't see any of those verticle lines by the bead.

I think it is the runaway.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
durr... my reading comprehension is wack sometimes. Thought you said it blew off both rims... Building up some deuce-quads in a week or two, how do you actually like the tires? (other than weight...)

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
durr... my reading comprehension is wack sometimes. Thought you said it blew off both rims... Building up some deuce-quads in a week or two, how do you actually like the tires? (other than weight...)
The mac2 is awesome and even as a front tire it never washed out on me. That is to say riding only on wood and concrete not dirt. Never rode them on dirt. FYI - one of the usb locals is rolling on some new tires from schwable call mow joe. The look like table tops just skinnier. They are lighter than the mac2. I am gonna try one out. FYI - the table top never blew off of my runaways and the guy i know has them on runaways with no problems.