Quantcast

Odyssey HazardLite or AtomLab Pimp Lite?

monkeymarc

Chimp
Feb 2, 2009
SG
hey guys, just wondering -
should i get 24" Odyssey HazardLite rims(lol i didnt knew they had those) or 24" Atomlab PimpLites
for a street mtb? thanks:imstupid:

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
the ody rims just dropped very recently... so not a ton can be said on their durability yet. But if they are made to the same standards at their 20" rims.... I think you'd be safe going with either rim. Pimplites have been known for their durability as well. I dont think you could make a bad choice either way. Might depend on what look you're going for....

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
I was going to go Pimplites on my Molly build, but they don't make a 36 hole rim (or at least I did not locate any). I went Rhyno Lite XL rims. So far so good.

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
if the hazard lites are the same profile as the 20" version they are plenty strong. I have been running the same set for a good while and they hold up(albeit 48h). thats with lots of sideways landings off 180s/360s, cases, etc. I'm a big fan of odyseyy stuff.

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
I've been on the same set of p-lites in a 26 for over a year now and they are amazing. I ride 90% street and if the 26's hold up to all kinds of abuse, I'm sure a properly built set of 24's may be even tougher...

I bet you will be fine with either one, find the best deal and go for it

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I have run all the rims mentioned. Granted the Odyssey has only been a week but I have almost 1000 jumps in on it now.

My fav rim for 24's was the sun bfr and the closest thing to that is the new hazard. You can get it in chrome for the same price as the black. If you run chrome rim brake power will be incredible.

I'd say get the Hazard and stay away from the runaway.

Oh the hazard 24" is the exact same profile as the 20".